Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Cold

Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    Talk to us in Aug. when your car tires are melted to the blacktop and you sweat the moment you exit the house :P
    That's why they invented A/C. You trying to tell me it's not hot and humid in Iowa in August? Enjoy the snow today...

-18 this morning when I stopped on my way to work to get gas. Did I mention the heat doesnt work in my truck? miserable drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifte View Post
    -18 this morning when I stopped on my way to work to get gas. Did I mention the heat doesnt work in my truck? miserable drive.
    mmm.. one thing I will always appreciate DSMs for - I haven't had a car yet that beats how hot their heat gets and how quick it gets warm.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

My S4 is terrible at heating up and always has been. 99' Galant is great, must be a Mitsubishi thing
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Might be, my wifes Lancer heats up really fast too and is nice and hot.

My worst have been civics I think, don't get me wrong they get warm. But every civic I've had has taken about a half hour in decent cold weather to even start getting warm.
    My mazda was pretty insanely hot too though.

I will say the heat on my bike sucks, I rode it out to give Eric my throttlebody a few weeks ago in single digits or negatives (cant remember) - kinda sucked.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

my ford ranger gets sweaty hot in about 10 mins, our mazda 6 on the other hand never gets to the point where you have to turn the heat down so its on full blast whenever we drive the car
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan

My neon/srt4 warms up pretty well and once warm the heat is nice and hot. My kia suv on the other hand takes forever to warm up and even then it takes a while to warm the cabin up.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

yeah, this shit is gettin OOOOLD!!! Got a new air compressor and shit, tried to use it, no go. I had to aim a heater at it for 10~ minutes to thin the oil so it would frikkin turn over and run. Then the air line had moisture in it which instantly froze so I had to wind it up, put it in a box and blow heat into it enough to unfreeze it. THEEEEN my air tools were too cold so I had to warm them up as well. What a frikkin disaster!!

Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    My S4 is terrible at heating up and always has been. 99' Galant is great, must be a Mitsubishi thing
    S4's radiator goes from one light to the next and is as tall as the bottom of the bumper to the hood...its HUGE...and even with 1/2 of it blocked off it still takes 5 minutes of driving with no heat to warm it up. Sitting takes longer. I know the 5w-40 isn't doing well in this weather either...fucking cold.

Been using my "low" as a plow lately for the driveway...thank god for aluminum skid plates
    "Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the V6 twin turbo is with me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my V6 with Motul Oil and Shell 91, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my driving and I will dwell in the house of the V6 Bi-Turbo forever."