Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new car

As far as power goes the CSRT has the NSRT beat all day long but I'd be willing to bet the NSRT will out corner the CSRT. Its a fun car for sure and I have ideas in the works as far as mods go but it certainly won't stop here.

As far as the prices go I think the Neon prices are retarded. I got mine for about the same price as a Nice (Not mint cond) Neon. I had thought about doing an Evo or something like that but I wouldnt have gotten the year range I wanted. Honestly I really enjoy the hell out of this thing.
    Brett
    '08 Dodge Caliber SRT4--Diablosport tune, MPx muffler, K&N drop in, Custom downpipe, Custom torque bars, Bwoody check valve, TurboXS 50 mm RFL Type H BOV. Running 19 psi.
    '67 Checker Marathon A-12E--283 V8, Powerglide (Classy ass cruiser)

If I could snag one the same color it would look pretty awesome in my garage. And I'd get my turbo fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifte View Post
    If I could snag one the same color it would look pretty awesome in my garage. And I'd get my turbo fix.
    and since the turbo is so small you wouldnt have to worry about spool!
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by JacobS View Post
    and since the turbo is so small you wouldnt have to worry about spool!
    These don't share the same turbo as the Neon the caliber gets a bigger TD04
    Brett
    '08 Dodge Caliber SRT4--Diablosport tune, MPx muffler, K&N drop in, Custom downpipe, Custom torque bars, Bwoody check valve, TurboXS 50 mm RFL Type H BOV. Running 19 psi.

The CSRT does have a little bit larger turbo. They also make more power stock. However the NSRT picks up power quite easily. The problem most people run into when casually modding them is maxing out the turbo once they get into the low 300whp.

I like the CSRT, though I can't say I would ever buy one and I still think its dumb they dropped the neon and nsrt. But then again I am a bit biased.

I am glad to see you can get a diablosport tuner for it. That makes life much easier.

I think the pricing of the CSRT helps with finding ones that are not piles of garbage. So many NSRT's forsale have been completely ragged out. I picked mine up from a family friend, it has quite a few miles, however all highway and he took very good care of it for being his everyday car.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

This thing got insane with the tune and it was way cheaper than reflashing the ECM. More boost and plenty more power makes this car ALOT more fun.
    Brett

Yeah I want to say the canned 93 octane tune perfected to your car on a nsrt is worth 35-40whp. That's a big jump for not a lot of effort.

I am glad you're enjoying it!!
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Quote Originally Posted by 85XR7Project View Post
    This thing got insane with the tune and it was way cheaper than reflashing the ECM.
    isn't your diablo reflashing the ECM?

Yes but what I meant by that is sending the ECM and being without a car for however long it takes. The nice thing is I can edit things on my own. A coworker and I will be making a Downpipe (Using our CNC laser for the flange) and welding up bends and such and we will also be cutting out our own oil catch can out of stainless and bending it with the brake press at work, also looking into making my own traction bars as well. Sometimes being a machinist in a fab shop is a real nice thing. Call me a cheap ass but I think its a good way to go fast without shelling out piss tons of cash.
    Brett

Well I had been thinking of improving the looks of the car for quite some time and had considered doing some plastidip detailing and this is the first part I came up with. 20140503_191823.jpg20140503_200110.jpg20140503_200122.jpg

I also fixed some minor boost leaks, and added a new boost Check valve.
    Brett