Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new car

No there really are not. I am not sure if a csrt has been in the 10s yet.

I was going to sugest a Diablosport tuner since its typically the first and most gainful mod on a neon and they do not even make them for calibers.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Is it the same motor? Its turbo, so the typical big gain mods still apply. Intake for important noises, exhaust and tune for more Boooost

i remembering hearing about evo owners swapping the eclipse/talon computers just to run dsmlink. wonder if anyone has swapped the neon srt computer into the csrt

Different drivetrain all together. The only thing they have in common is the name.

I should have linked this company earlier, this is the longest running neon parts vendor/retailer.

http://www.modernperformance.com/category/srtcaliber

Here is a link for the discontinued mopar stage one for the caliber. The photos do not load for some reason but some of the info on what the stage one improves.

http://www.modernperformance.com/product/441/
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Just found this thread, sounds like if you can find a used stage one ecu, a drop in filter and a a better downpipe you can dyno over 300whp.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f106...rt-4-a-586302/
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Yeah I was looking at a few parts at Modern Performance and their prices seem pretty reasonable. There IS a bit of stuff out there so I'll be taking my time and enjoying it as I go. I already ordered a blow off plate which is pretty easy to install by the look of it so its a start but I don't really want to go super crazy yet. 300hp wouldn't be a bad number in my mind, I know that I have read the stock airbox is about as good as a CAI so I may just buy a drop in K&N, Downpipe (Really dont understand why their price is so high on these) and exhaust at some point. I really didn't realize how much I missed doing car shit. I got some expensive hobbies!
    Brett
    '08 Dodge Caliber SRT4--Diablosport tune, MPx muffler, K&N drop in, Custom downpipe, Custom torque bars, Bwoody check valve, TurboXS 50 mm RFL Type H BOV. Running 19 psi.
    '67 Checker Marathon A-12E--283 V8, Powerglide (Classy ass cruiser)

Cars are stupid expensive and compared to most guys on here what I do is beyond mild. Exhaust for the csrt and nsrt are way overpriced. The nsrt downpipe is completely straight with a 45 degree bend, needswings wants 400 for a 3 inch version with a cut out.
    The nsrt factory air box is very well designed also, most throw a drop in filter and spend the money on exhaust since its 2.25 from the factory.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

It seems the exhaust choices in some cases make these things sound super ricey and obnoxiously loud too. I'd prefer a little more noise but not that dirtbike sound. As far as the downpipe goes I wonder if I could have one made for less because $200ish for a short section of pipe with a bung welded on is just nuts.
    Brett
    '08 Dodge Caliber SRT4--Diablosport tune, MPx muffler, K&N drop in, Custom downpipe, Custom torque bars, Bwoody check valve, TurboXS 50 mm RFL Type H BOV. Running 19 psi.

Well I havent done much to the car other than a few badge changes, Mopar blue plate blow off, K&N drop in (Since all the Caliber guys say the stock box is as good as any CAI). I just ordered a Diablosport Intech tuner for it which should push it over the 300hp mark with the addition of a colder set of sparkplugs and my HIDs showed up today. I'm making a little progress here and there.
    Brett

always liked those cars, still do - wouldn't mind daily driving one. Just seems like a good practical car with the potential to have some fun. I like them a lot more than the neon. Though since I still see them usually around 12k+ I'd probably just fork over the extra for an Evo for the AWD though it'd probably be older as well.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R