Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RedRocket's winter changes

Thanks guys. I will see how it runs with the 3.00 gear. Last year at the track I was about out of gear at the stripe. I liked the way it ran even with the 2.73's in it for a bit. This should be about perfect for my setup.

Yeah, the garage should be pretty awesome. Can't wait to finally get started on it. Been a pretty stressful last month or so with everything that has gone on.
    2001 Z28 1SC - Bolt-ons

I really like the way your turbo and manifold are placed. Nice notching on the frame.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

More updates.

Downpipe.

How should I trim this?

Looking through the passenger headlight area.

Hopefully will be driving it tonight a bit. Have a few things to finish up first but shouldn't take too long. Need to get the bung in the downpipe for the wideband, then paint and wrap it quick. Will get some video when it's up and running.
    2001 Z28 1SC - Bolt-ons

That front exit looks killer!
    Tyler- 2000 ws6 -
    2011 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout runner up (ed cheated)
    2012 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout auto class winner
    2013 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout auto class runner up
    wannabe grudge racer

"Ur built LS made 144 and 122 to the wheels and made power to 8k, if u cant see the beauty in that then i dont know what to tell you cuz eveyone at the dyno loved it and was amazed at the numbers."

How it looks as of now. Need to coat/paint the radiator shroud eventually. Install the ABS delete kit and clean a few other things up.

And...it rolls out!

I think the wastegates are plumbed wrong (at least I hope). It's boosting past the 7 lb. springs in them, lol. Either that, or I have the wrong springs in. Either way, I will get it figured out. The thing absolutely rips though. Haven't gone past 80% throttle yet. Need to get the boost steady first. The Tick cam has way more out of boost snap than the TU1 did. It also comes into boost QUICK. I am definitely pleased with how well it's running so far. I have put over 70 trouble free miles on it so far. Tune isn't too far off from what I can tell. Need to get the man MaxxMitchell to tweak a few things, but overall it seems good. It was pretty rich with the old setup. It would have been in the mid 10's AFR on the pull above for sure. Will try to get some more things ironed out this week and hopefully flog on it a bit this coming weekend.
    2001 Z28 1SC - Bolt-ons

nice, good to hear it spools up fast

post up the graph showing boost/map and rpm

I'm sure he DCR is bumped up which should really help off boost. What was the cam event changes if you feel like putting them up? I know a stock lq4 is a little low on SCR.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

If martin spec'd it I imagine its dcr is pretty healthy, he seems to like lower ICs as well...but thats just from what ive seen
    Tyler- 2000 ws6 -
    2011 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout runner up (ed cheated)
    2012 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout auto class winner
    2013 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout auto class runner up
    wannabe grudge racer

"Ur built LS made 144 and 122 to the wheels and made power to 8k, if u cant see the beauty in that then i dont know what to tell you cuz eveyone at the dyno loved it and was amazed at the numbers."

Tits. that is all.

Cam specs - 225/231 .621/.598 113+6

I took the wastegates off yesterday. Had the big springs in them, whoops. Got them changed out last night and will drive it around tonight to see what it does. Hopefully, they work. If not, Ryan I will be contacting you for some Tial 38's.
    2001 Z28 1SC - Bolt-ons