Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RedRocket's winter changes

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28 View Post
    Same trans Phish. Hoping it will hold for the season.
    What trans is it? Is your car full weight or ditched some stuff to help it hold the power?

Junkyard 1995 4L80e with a HD-2 shift kit in it. The car is full weight minus A/C which my turbo alone more than makes up for. It is a 1SC car though so has no power options - windows, locks, rear defrost, seats, cruise, etc. It was around 3450 with me in it last year. I imagine it will be heavier this year unless I start taking some weight out.
    2001 Z28 1SC - Bolt-ons

Dang, I doubt that trans even knows its working, aside from the higher RPM shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28 View Post
    Junkyard 1995 4L80e with a HD-2 shift kit in it. The car is full weight minus A/C which my turbo alone more than makes up for. It is a 1SC car though so has no power options - windows, locks, rear defrost, seats, cruise, etc. It was around 3450 with me in it last year. I imagine it will be heavier this year unless I start taking some weight out.
    any cage plans?

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    any cage plans?
    Eventually. We just sold our house in Des Moines and plan on building a house in Madrid. Also expecting our 2nd child in April so not sure how much time I will have for the car this year.
    2001 Z28 1SC - Bolt-ons

Friggin' junk!

It's been nice seeing the progression of the car. I love how snappy it was with that little turbo!

You've come quite a ways with the car in the little time it's had a turbo on it. It will only get faster!
    1989 Mustang 408W TT Built by me. Sippin Corn cocktails. 721hp 765TQ on 10lbs

2004 Subaru Forester XT 5spd

1979 Yamaha XS 1100, 70's goodness.

So it's been awhile but I have somewhat of an update. We sold our house and had to be out March 24th. I didn't have much time to work on the car during March due to it being really cold, fixing stuff on the house for inspection, moving, etc. Did have a late night installing my 9 inch the day before we had to be out of the house, then winch it up on a trailer to take to Josey's (SunnyZ) place to finish. He was kind enough to let me put it in his garage and also help with the fabbing of the downpipe and a few other things. The one car garage at our townhome rental wasn't going to cut it. That will all be dealt with when our new house is completed sometime this summer.

The new garage will be nice. It's 26' deep on the two stall portion, and 34' deep in the 3rd stall, and the whole thing is 36' wide. It will be plumbed for heat (gas line), 220v outlet, washtub with hot/cold, drain in the floor, and fully insulated. I have aspirations of eventually putting a lift in it but that will be a ways down the road. Anyway, onto the car.

I ordered a 9 inch from Trick Chassis in Wisconsin. It's got 35 spline Strange axles with a S-trac diff and a 3.00 gear. It's a nice piece. We have started running the battery cutoff/relocation stuff. The hotside is all on and motor put back together after the cam swap. Waiting on a few other pieces and hopefully will have it running in the next couple of weeks. Here are a couple of quick pics I took the other night.

We decided to run the downpipe out of the front bumper on the passenger side for now. I will eventually have a cutout setup installed and run it out back with either 3" or 3.5" pipe so I can cruise quietly. My main goal right now is to get it up and running and out of his garage. I don't want to impede too much with his build.

I sold my TTII wheels and tires and will be rocking the stock chrome 5 spoke wheels this year. Will have a cheap tire up front and either a Nitto or Mickey out back. Eventually I want to get a 17x7 Darkstar instead of the 17x4.5 to run on the street full time. I don't like how it feels on the street with the small footprint up front.

I should hopefully have a few more updates this coming weekend.
    2001 Z28 1SC - Bolt-ons

Glad to see some updates from ya. I have not seen or heard anything about you or your car for awhile. 3.00 gears took me by surprise. However once i thought about it it makes since. Keep up the progress.

PS. The new garage sounds amazing.

Screw the car, I want the garage!!
    1989 Mustang 408W TT Built by me. Sippin Corn cocktails. 721hp 765TQ on 10lbs

2004 Subaru Forester XT 5spd

1979 Yamaha XS 1100, 70's goodness.