Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: franzen vonk 3

Ya I have high hopes for this summer I haven't paid much attention but I have been told the street race scene has been gone for a long time. I know some friends with some really fast cars that are ready for some action. I would love to see some racing like the old days , ya never have ya ask twice to get me to race. On this site I see a bunch of supposed 5sec mustangs I wonder if any will show up for race day I love smoking mustangs

Quote Originally Posted by fast mf View Post
    Ya I have high hopes for this summer I haven't paid much attention but I have been told the street race scene has been gone for a long time. I know some friends with some really fast cars that are ready for some action. I would love to see some racing like the old days , ya never have ya ask twice to get me to race. On this site I see a bunch of supposed 5sec mustangs I wonder if any will show up for race day I love smoking mustangs
    The fast guys around here race the 10.5 tire series at Cedar Falls and Eddyville right in your backyard.. I have a mustang with a little pump gas 351 in it, but being your running huge steam roller tires on a back half car with a blown big block Im not sure thats a fair race.. how much is it worth for you to find out?

Hey scott thats what im talkin about way to step up I just like to street race and would love the chance to race ya for fun or money just wana keep it friendly but I will run ya for as much as ya want to but ya might want to ask around the camaro is no slouch

Hey scott thats what im talkin about way to step up I just like to street race and would love the chance to race ya for fun or money just wana keep it friendly but I will run ya for as much as ya want to but ya might want to ask around the camaro is no slouch
    Only thing Im worried about is your tires, Im sitting on 28x10.5's or 275 DOT street radials. Id be willing to throw down some blind $$ at the track but the street is a different story, going to have a hard time finding a race with those steam rollers on the back. All the old school pro-street cars like that dont show up anymore. Small tires is about all you find around here

Ya I used to take the car out of state to find street races raced in topeka and chicago you will probably see me at eddyville a few friday nights but cage isnt certified so they let me run a few times usually but I get my thrills on a good street race thars what I have the car set up for and there will big some big tire cars out this summer I know of a hand full dont know if you know vonk with ratzilla or not but we usally draw a good crowd ya need to come watch bring your car lets bring some street racing back to des moines

Big HP needs to come out of retirement for this.

I'll take everything in drag racing from your promod !
    2014 IAF ROB PALMER SHOOTOUT AUTO CLASS WINNER

Vonk hasnt had a challenge in over ten years since our last race our engine builder al parker built a street car for this summer 600 inch alum motor in a 67 nova should be wicked fast my buddy brian just bought a pro charger for his 427 cobra and another buddy chad just put together a blown small block monza then theres franks blown corvett he told me hes going with mechanical injection this year and I know of a few others we just need to find some good spots to run and keep the imports away

Vonk hasnt had a challenge in over ten years since our last race our engine builder al parker built a street car for this summer 600 inch alum motor in a 67 nova should be wicked fast my buddy brian just bought a pro charger for his 427 cobra and another buddy chad just put together a blown small block monza then theres franks blown corvett he told me hes going with mechanical injection this year and I know of a few others we just need to find some good spots to run and keep the imports away
    Come spring time Im sure you can find some races, Im definitely not putting in street jets and hauling that far for a quick street race for free

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSweeper View Post
    I'll take everything in drag racing from your promod !
    Truth!