Thread: Nappin' on the Job

Nappin' on the Job

Just another sprayed LS1...
    RIP: 1997 WS.6 Trans Am

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    Not as big of a deal as people want it to be. cops have been taking naps since forever. they usually alternate shifts so if someone needs a power nap, posting up isn't a big deal unless its for way too long
    05 2500 Max & Al
    83 Mary Kay Coupe DeVille - Just fresh
    96 civic hatch

Sinner

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic Disturbance View Post
    Not as big of a deal as people want it to be. cops have been taking naps since forever. they usually alternate shifts so if someone needs a power nap, posting up isn't a big deal unless its for way too long
    My understanding is it was taken at 4:30am, an hour before his shift ended. That wouldn't have been lunch. He was also out for quite some time, hidden between buildings.

Just another sprayed LS1...
    RIP: 1997 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic Disturbance View Post
    it may be a bit blown up. just depends on the circumstances. its worse if he was hiding. did he have someone cover him? has he done it more then once? how long? etc

my wife works overnight at the hospital and sometimes someone just can't stay awake or doesn't feel the best and someone will cover for them for an hour or two and they will go take a nap.

from what i understand its pretty common at john deere for people to sneak away and nap on the clock. some people to it every day. i would put an end to it if i was in charge though.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    it may be a bit blown up. just depends on the circumstances. its worse if he was hiding. did he have someone cover him? has he done it more then once? how long? etc

my wife works overnight at the hospital and sometimes someone just can't stay awake or doesn't feel the best and someone will cover for them for an hour or two and they will go take a nap.

from what i understand its pretty common at john deere for people to sneak away and nap on the clock. some people to it every day. i would put an end to it if i was in charge though.
    i'm gonna need an hour nap time added to my daily schedule, on the clock of course
    "U guys are a bunch of pathetic fucks Ryan your the worst" -Eddy B
    "no one gives two shits if he built it or purchased it.. or if it was purchased by his dad. you just sound like a jealous bitch. move along" -k-ville
    "I think the S4 is the best car I've ever owned" -slow ride

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    Still rather this than a tired grumpy cop possibly lacking clarity. Obviously if he sleeps a couple hours every shift that would be an issue
    05 2500 Max & Al
    83 Mary Kay Coupe DeVille - Just fresh
    96 civic hatch

Sinner

A cop told me that a lot of the newer guys get stuck working crazy hours. He had about 4 hours left on an 18 hour shift at 4 am when he told me this...

hate to be the guy that found him sleeping lol
    Andy Fangman
    F1X Procharged LS1 Foxbody Mustang
    4.86 147mph
    http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdownstairs

Don't know how many of you have worked 2nd or 3rd shift? 12 hour shifts for many consecutive days, naps should not be scrutinized over health & safety. Not sure what the guy that turned in video was hoping to really gain from it, public service?, got 1 on da' man?