Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy from belle plaine

New guy from belle plaine

just would like to say hello to everyone out there . And hope i dont bug anybody out there lol. but i just got a majoir bug on cars , i just got a 1993 ford police interceptor mustang that i want to build..i would like to put a stroker motor in it but dont know what way to go ? 302 or 351 ? been reading so much my head is spinning everytime i get on a pc to look at stuff . lol . any hope i can get some good help here on the great iowa form ... .
    Attached Images Attached Images

LSX FTW. Im sure Chekal has some spare parts for ya!

Nice car btw!

+1 for the chevy ls swap . if a street car and manual, its hard to beat the ls and t56 for drivability and power, mpg's and the weight savings of the aluminum blocks.

if mainly drag and automatic then you have more of a case for staying with the ford

Nice looking fox!

If you are not concerned with keeping the current engine I would say 351w stroked to a 408. Find a 94 and newer 351 block and you get the added benefit of a roller cam.

Whatever you do don't put a junk LS engine in it...Let them rot in the junkyard where they belong.

I figured the junk yards were all filled up with mod motors pushing up daisies through the sparkplug holes. Anyway the bigger the better if you plan to keep it NA or spray it. A nice 400+ inch whatever will make it a fun ride for sure.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Welcome to the site Doug. Nice looking notch.
    93 Mustang Lx Coupe - Stroked 342

Thxs guys , I was looking at a 331 create motor or a 408 ? The 331 puts out 445 hp and the 408 puts out 475 hp. Just don't know what way to go more cubes ? More problems lol. But with car at 2700 lbs both should work out good for a weekend car. And DAM the Chevy and Ford people are ruff on each other on here lol, remember only little boys wear bow ties lol, just kidding I own both and a Jap car lol. I just want to run a all motor car to with out spray or turbo also. So any guys out there that have 331 or 408 let me know please.

U ever have the car out? Never seen it before

well only drove it 3 times and then tore motor out of it lol . So now im working on it in heated garage ..rebuilt rearend and added gauges and things like that ..