Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The snowball of a build: 90 LSx Turbo Rx7

Why the chasis swap? meaning the white car to the red one. The white car was an 86 s4 car. It had a second hand paint job by someone before i had gotten it. It was a flat white and has some busted interior peices that were really really hard to track down and were way pricy. The red car that i have now is a 90 S5 rx7. So its all one color including trim and mirrors. It also has some different tailights and minor changes in the bumper. It was a one owner car with very low miles and had been sitting in a garage most of its life. Besides soem door dings, it was in perfect condition. Interior was/is immaculant. The swap from the 86 to the 90 was a step up in almost all aspects. its all around just a cleaner car and is why it does look so well. i also got it for a steal and it was local as well. It was definatly worth the time and work to change it all over from one car to the other then build off of this chasis.

You have done a very good job, the turbo set up and the ls swap look like they were meant to be there.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

It does seem to fit in there like stock. Pretty pleased with how its all fitting together.

I worked a little on the hold down for the radiator. Its also a cover for the front end to clean up the car and hide all of the wiring along with the intercooler, overflow, radiation, trans cooler, etc. It still needs to get painted but you get the idea

And now its black...

Looks nice, gonna match the other heat shield with that black cover than?

I have a turbo II hood that needs paint matched to the car when it gets installed. I think i will have the aluminum heat shield over the computer painted at that time as well to match the car/bay. I do not like how it looks aluminum and out of place. I think red would be a little better then black as well.

neat. looks like a good tool holder too

haha, yeah i suppose it would work well for that as well. I will most likely keep it off the car untill the build is done so i dont get it all banged up and scratchd up. Something will happen to it though i am sure.

Now, its trying to figure out where to mount two trans coolers, and coils. The tetris game never ends with this thing