Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The snowball of a build: 90 LSx Turbo Rx7

Well the hot side is FINALLY complete. All parts are wrapped up and ready to go on.

However my mind is still on heat control and keeping things from getting to hot. My first task was to build a heat shield since the downpipe runs so close to the computer:

So, i fabbed up an aluminum heat shield. This is is put into place. I still need to get some edging to trim the piece out to make it look a little more clean. However, i think it turned out decent, will do its job, and make the bay look alot more clean.

I finished heat wrapping my trans cooler lines and put heat sleeves overmy main power line and line coming off the ALT. Then i started installing the hot side for the final time. I cant install the WG or the turbo untill i get the heat shield mounted in there properly. I also need to pickup the Innovative MSBC1 and get everything ran and plumbed from it. I must say it looks alot better now that everything is wrapped.

nice heatshield, did you use a brake for that?

what fuel and what are you tuning with?

edit: looks like your probably running e85
    Last edited by AutoMods; 01-26-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Yeah, i work for a sheetmetal shop so i make things out of metal all day. it took me literally 10 minutes to crank that shield out.

Your right, e85 is what i will be running

Tuning will just be Efi Live. 2 bar map sensor tune since i have a 98 ecu in the car.

Heat shield is legit.

Ryan, you should have him make you one of those head shields.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Thanks fellas. I was contemplating having it painted the same color of the car when i get the TII hood painted. Not sure if it woudl discolor, or loose its properties of disipating heat so well. Still on the fence about that one.

Thought about asking you if you had planned to color match. No idea how much heat the paint could handle.

I re routed the brake line and put the trim on the shield. Then ire installed everything so i can finnish up the exhaust. I have not been making much progress since my attention has been turned to purchasing a home. Trying to get it all back together so its easier to move when the time comes.

Ryan, FYI, i did not have to cut the line or change it in any way. I took it apart in the wheel well where it changed to rubber. Then i took it apart form the master cylinder. I was able to re route it so it goes into the fender under the shield that i made then follws the wheel well like before. took me about 10 mintures. (still have not bled the brakes).

I finally found some time out in the garage. I started on some Vac lines and oil lines and also got my cold side piping intsalled. First time it has been fully installed with all the correct pieces. I was waiting on getting my BOV welded up but now that thats finally done i was able to move forward

I cut the ports off of the LS3 intake. Then i drilled and tapped them to accept a NPT to AN fitting. I figured it would be a cleaner look then just the normal slip on rubber hose. The passanger side i will use to feed my selenoids for the boost controller. The driver side is hooked up to the BOV as you can see.

I also mocked up soem coolant lines. I am short one elbow from getting it completed. I will have to get that and get them along with the oil drain from the turbo installed for the final time. Here are a couple pics of the progress and how it sits now.

IAF Team Member
    Very clean setup Phish, why the chassis swap though?
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO