Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New DD, poor decision

Well, tonight I tried to make some headway.

Made a boost leak tester, then while the epoxy was adhering I took off the ISC and tested the coils with my voltmeter. All of them pulled 30's which is where they should be. So if not the ISC I figured must be a bad boost leak or something. So I did a boost leak test - it holds solid to 10lbs, and leaks out slowly. Anything over 10lbs leaks out about instantly. I found the problem, the weld on the passenger side of my intercooler apparently has pinholes, so tiny you can't even see them. It's all along the weld. Obviously this is a problem but it doesn't seem like a big enough leak to be causing my idle, thoughts? Either way will be getting it re-welded hopefully by a local guy in the next few days.

Messed with the wipers again, so confusing to me since I've never seen them out like this + I'm missing pretty much every nut and a couple bolts and I don't know exact sizes of what I need. Friend is supposed to be trying to pull up a schematic at work next Monday. Wish I could get it sooner but just as well, with these temps we're going to be getting I'll be lucky to be able to tolerate more than a few minutes in the garage.

Put the car back together (mostly) and went and played in the snow a bit just to get a feel for the AWD action again. Was fun but only took one guy almost sliding into me coming up on me too fast at a redlight to make me go back home.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

like ed mentioned, the isc often tests good cold but bad when warmed up. did you try adjusting the tps sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    like ed mentioned, the isc often tests good cold but bad when warmed up. did you try adjusting the tps sensor?
    ahh completely missed that. Sorry Ed!
    I'll check it again tomorrow after a warmup! I'm honestly hoping it's the issue so I can quit hunting.
    I haven't messed with the TPS sensor physically, it's zip tied tight because its clip is broken. However I did double check it on DSMLink and it was a tad off and I adjusted it a bit so it's accurate now.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Quote Originally Posted by Clinical View Post
    you going to sponser me? Give me ~$3k and I'll get on that haha.
    Maybe someday. Hopefully I'll have it long enough, my biggest fear is I end up forced into selling it due to finances with school or something like what happened with my TA. The main reason I'm trying to not dump money into it until I'm feeling more comfortable financially.
    3k lol bahaa! Nice car man and good luck!
    2014 IAF ROB PALMER SHOOTOUT AUTO CLASS WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSweeper View Post
    3k lol bahaa! Nice car man and good luck!
    This car doesn't need THAT much to get there, mainly a bigger turbo, of course the build wouldn't be as solid as I would like it to be for that power haha. I'll just be happy with some mid 12's this year. If I get brave and get another DD i might throw some e85 in and shoot for an 11.9 at most.

but thanks!

I did test the ISC today after driving it and it still came back good. I still kind of want to throw another one in and see if it fixes it.
    I also found my wiper linkage is a bit borked, not sure if I'll be able to make it work.. might need a whole new linkage. Really blows since I gotta drive it to Cedar Falls Friday and just gotta hope until I can get it together that we get no rain/snow when I need to drive.

If anyone can get ahold of Brent let me know, I'd like to see if he does have an extra ISC and/or TPS I can try and see if it fixes it.

Really tired of pissing off my neighbors and people at red lights with my car surging hah.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Got the wipers all installed and working today, thank the lawd. So strange to be excited over something so simple.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM

If you ever do decide to sell it and put it to stock, I got a box full of parts and a complete head and intake. Good looking DSM. Really makes me miss mine.

I would leave it the way it is myself when they are modded up a lot and they get to be a temperamental piece of shit. Work on it for a weekend and drive it for a few hours work on it for a weekend drive it for a few hours lol. I myself wouldn't mind having one for driving back and forth to work and for this and that as long as it wasnt modded up anymore than this is.
    Andy Fangman
    F1X Procharged LS1 Foxbody Mustang
    4.86 147mph
    http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdownstairs

If you ever do decide to sell it and put it to stock, I got a box full of parts and a complete head and intake. Good looking DSM. Really makes me miss mine.

Thanks I'll keep it in mind, but definitely hoping I never have to do that. If I did need to sell it though, hell unless I dump too much money into it, just with all these things fixed and once I finish tuning it probably around 20psi I imagine I would be able to actually make money selling it if it came down to it. Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

I would leave it the way it is myself when they are modded up a lot and they get to be a temperamental piece of shit. Work on it for a weekend and drive it for a few hours work on it for a weekend drive it for a few hours lol. I myself wouldn't mind having one for driving back and forth to work and for this and that as long as it wasnt modded up anymore than this is.
    The funny thing is one of my most reliable cars (besides the headgasket, which I bought the car with it going out) was my 92 laser - the one with around ~450-500whp. I delivered pizzas in that thing every day. Was one of my smoothest running and best driving DSMs.
    But I get what you mean, my 91 tsi awd that was mostly stock and my 92 GST that was totally stock both were awesome daily drivers.
    I won't take this thing too far, especially not until I graduate and have a big boy career. I definitely at the least will be swapping to an external wastegate setup, I just do not like internally gated setups past stock boost.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Cool! I was doing some cleaning the other day and found some stuff off my old 95 eclipse some of the vacuum lines and odds and ends brought back old memories lol
    Andy Fangman
    F1X Procharged LS1 Foxbody Mustang
    4.86 147mph
    http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdownstairs