Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: New DD, poor decision

Should have asked me for seats. I have a pair of grey cloths that are taking storage space. Looks good though

what front ones do you have? My buddy actually parted out his 1g and has full gray cloth interior that I'm taking that is in great shape but the front seats aren't the nice buckets that I want that are simply cloth versions of my leather ones. Basically the adjustable buckets.

These are the style I really want

can't find a good picture but these are the ones I basically don't need

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

Ah, 90% certain I have the ones you don't want. I'll check this weekend when I have time.

Yea, mine are the ones you don't want

only three words...needs more low...
    "Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the V6 twin turbo is with me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my V6 with Motul Oil and Shell 91, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my driving and I will dwell in the house of the V6 Bi-Turbo forever."

So I've been kind of MIA from this thread for awhile.

So late August, not even racing or anything I started to have some 2nd gear issues. Nothing catastrophic - but enough that I didn't want to chance it as the trans shifted amazing besides the 1-2 shift starting to get scratchy. So I took it back home and left it in storage though I still drove it every time I came back in the Fall.

I also ended up buying a buddy's car for "parts" - i originally just wanted the FMIC setup off it and offered him $300 for the FMIC and he told me to just take the whole car for $400.
    I ended up making out like a bandit with this deal.
    Bought the car for $400 - it came with the 6bolt frankenstein block - evo9 piston/1g rod combo - still in good condition.
    Also came with a good trans, transfercase, nice unhacked wiring harness, full mint interior, poly motor mounts, new wally 255, stm braided brake line & abs delete, mint mishimoto rad & rad hoses, etc etc.

I took the FMIC & rad setup for my car. I still need to put them in, I plan to sell my fmic setup for $200 and my mishimoto rad im currently running for $50.
    I also took the trans from the car and put it in mine over my winter break, it works great. I plan to beef up my old trans while its out, nothing major but I do want to do double synchros, evo3 1st gear, and a 4spider center diff. Until then though the trans from the parts car is working great.
    I then sold the parts car for $700 after taking what i wanted from it. I do wish I could of had its interior but it was a good selling point for it.

I also found when I pulled my trans my clutch and flywheel were pretty much not worth re-using. So I ordered up a custom clutch from Tim Zimmer, it's his southbend HD TZ/B kevlar/ceramic dual friction clutch. I have 1500 miles on it so far and it's definitely my favorite clutch I've ever had in a DSM so far.
    I've been daily driving the car again since I put in the extra trans.

Anyway I finally decided to start spending some money on the car, I'm refreshing the frankenstein block as I'll be honest - I expect to grenade my stock block this summer. Just has a lot of hard miles on it now and I'm surprised it keeps taking the abuse.

I picked up a walbro 450lph e85 pump.
    Also picked up a freshly rebuilt 7blade HX40 turbo setup including a SIM tubular recirc o2 housing and tial v-band 38mm wastegate, turbo is in a BEP .55ar housing. It'll choke the peak potential of the turbo but give me better spool which for as low as my goals are vs what the potential of the turbo is - it should be perfect for me. Also got a new FP intake with the setup.

Here's some newer pictures.

From a november photoshoot I did, also made it into the dsmtuners 2015 calendar.

from trans/clutch swap

check out that nasty engine bay

selling off the parts car

of course I had to play in the snow we got a few weeks back

the new goods for 2015

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM

nice deal on the parts car.

i've had an nice punishments ss o2 housing in stock i've been wanting to get rid off, wish you grabbed it off my hands

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    nice deal on the parts car.

i've had an nice punishments ss o2 housing in stock i've been wanting to get rid off, wish you grabbed it off my hands
    Yeah I just couldn't pass this deal up, if you separate everything I got with the turbo setup - I basically paid $300 for the o2 housing/wastegate combined or $150 each which I haven't been able to find a cheap o2 housing to save my life and I've been looking for one since summer since my 2g mani with the 38mm flange is ugly.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM