Thread: New DD, poor decision

couple daytime pictures today
    dirty already since last night

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

Looks like a nice pick up. A clean 1g is getting really hard to find that's for sure.
    Family car racing.

I watch for clean 1g's and they seem to be fairly expensive for what you get. Yours appears to have some nice paint on it still.

Best luck I had with every DSM I went through was blocking off the coolant lines to the TB, and collecting ISC motors. Never an idle issue in them once the ISC coils tested out good.

Power steering is nice in those cars, they feel numb either way in my opinion. best solution being powersteering, wider tires, fresh poly bushings. As for the wiper assembly, Brent and I have had those in and out, pretty straight forward assembly. I think once you see it you'll get it, but the brutal cold leaves no room for patience. I'll ask brent if he has any ISC motors left, I think I piled all my parts into the parts car I sent off with him.

What does the poor decision part of the topic mean??
    Andy Fangman
    F1X Procharged LS1 Foxbody Mustang
    4.86 147mph
    http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdownstairs

That'd be awesome Colton, I Pm'd him about a battery box and I think maybe I did mention the ISC but either way if you can let him know that'd be great because Im not sure he checks too frequently here. I also plan to pick up his trans soon as I sell a bike and have some extra money. Mine is fine but I'd love a backup and maybe would like to test myself and do a small-diy-built trans on it.

This talon does already have the coolant bypass done to the throttle body. Anyways Im getting my garage heater back from Andy (fox mustang guy here) tonight, and I'm going to go ahead and take off the ISC. Also going to go see if I can get parts together to make a new boost leak tester and check everything. Did pick up a new battery today and seemed to fix my starting issues, seemed like there was more to it based of past experience with DSM alternators/starters but glad the battery seemed to fix it.

Wasn't going to mess with the tune till I have everything checked, but I saw that the fuel setup was pretty off for my 950s so I went ahead and put in the correct values for the deadtime and such and it drives a lot better around town already. I zero'd out the timing and fuel and put in some extra fuel and decided to get into it a little bit, it's okay for now. Still not enough that I trust doing any pulls or anything, that can wall wait till I check for boost leaks / get the idle issue sorted.

Just am hoping nothing essential has been eliminated especially when it comes to the wipers. Seems like someone was planning to go all "race-car" with this thing at one point. At least the heat works!

Poor decision just the fact I sold my perfect no-problem mazda that was a champ for my 6 hours of driving every other weekend, for a DSM haha.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM

Some of the passages under the TB allow air to pass the FIAV which is strictly mechanical. It allows more air to pass on a cold start up and will close off when warm which having coolant to the TB helps. After warm the ISC does everything else for idle control. It's probably not that noticeable, but if you were to block it off then warm up the car, have it idle normally, then hit the highway on a cold day you might see the idle speed high when you let the car idle since the TB got so cool from the intake air. It would drop back down in a few minutes due to radiant heat from the engine.

I think I was the first person in history to rebuild a ISC or at least post about it. I remember way back in the day asking Busher and Sean at Extreme Motorsports and they couldn't figure out my low idle problem. My ISC coils tested good, but when they would warm up one leg would open up. I would always heat up the ISC with a torch, etc and then measure them after that when I sold a rebuilt one.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Heres pic of car when I owned it. Nice to see its still holding up well. After changing hands a couple times since then. Seems like alot has changed also since I owned it.

Last edited by Sleeping; 01-03-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    Buy It. Build It. Break The Hell Out Of It.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping View Post
    Heres pic of car when I owned it. Nice to see its still holding up well. After changing hands a couple times since then. Seems like alot has changed also since I owned it.

i see you have a number on the window, what did it run?

To be honest. I don't remember. Might ran 11.XX at one time. Never really made many track passes. Was always changing/adding parts to the setup. Old pic found of engine. Not the cleanest.

Buy It. Build It. Break The Hell Out Of It.

Makes me jealous wishing it was still as clean (and as quick), at least when it comes to the bay.
    I definitely have plenty of things to tackle on the mechanical side. Main things right now are just the idle surge and to install the wiper arms/motor. Then to focus on the little things.

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM