Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy from belle plaine

Chekals car is ALL motor you could run him but the ford engine may not keep up on all motor ; )!
    2014 IAF ROB PALMER SHOOTOUT AUTO CLASS WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by Doug1969 View Post
    Thxs guys , I was looking at a 331 create motor or a 408 ? The 331 puts out 445 hp and the 408 puts out 475 hp. Just don't know what way to go more cubes ? More problems lol. But with car at 2700 lbs both should work out good for a weekend car. And DAM the Chevy and Ford people are ruff on each other on here lol, remember only little boys wear bow ties lol, just kidding I own both and a Jap car lol. I just want to run a all motor car to with out spray or turbo also. So any guys out there that have 331 or 408 let me know please.
    I would go with a junkyard f150 coyote. A few bolt ons and they are 450-480whp. Price is about the same as the pushrods. Nice car btw!

My combo is estimated at/around 450 hp at the flywheel. It's a D and D Motorsports Comp Hawk 500 long block. Basically a 302 sportsman's block stroked to 342 with AFR185 heads, forged crank, Holley Systemax II Plenum intake with a custom ground cam. It's a fun car to drive, but not near as fast as a lot of the cars on this site.
    93 Mustang Lx Coupe - Stroked 342

yea im seeing alot of motors like summit and jegs ... i figured ill spend around 6g for long block i know that ant much now days but dont want to have it drain me and family also ... because i know ill need a heavy trany like a tko 600 ...

LS swap and be done with it. You can get a 6 pack of them at the yard for half of what you are planning on spending.
    2001 Z28 1SC - Bolt-ons

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    +1 for the chevy ls swap . if a street car and manual, its hard to beat the ls and t56 for drivability and power, mpg's and the weight savings of the aluminum blocks.

if mainly drag and automatic then you have more of a case for staying with the ford
    i'm really not sure on this, but i'm fairly certain all cop Mustangs were autos.

But with car at 2700 lbs both should work out good for a weekend car.
    no offense, but have you actually weighed the car to confirm that? my good friend had an '88 LX police package car when i first built my car years back, and IIRC his car weighed right around 3100 lbs. his might have had an amp and sub in it, but it was still pretty spartan at that weight. just curious.

cool car, looks pretty clean.
    Tango 'til they're sore

Quote Originally Posted by DustinsDuster View Post
    i'm really not sure on this, but i'm fairly certain all cop Mustangs were autos.

no offense, but have you actually weighed the car to confirm that? my good friend had an '88 LX police package car when i first built my car years back, and IIRC his car weighed right around 3100 lbs. his might have had an amp and sub in it, but it was still pretty spartan at that weight. just curious.

cool car, looks pretty clean.

Wrong. Not all of them were autos.

yea i call neb. on the car and on the vin. and it was a 5 speed .. and as far as the weight i was going bye whats on the title ..

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28 View Post
    LS swap and be done with it. You can get a 6 pack of them at the yard for half of what you are planning on spending.
    yea but i dont want to do that lol. no mix and match here ... It might cost a little more but she will run good... looking at a dart block and arf heads ...already have the top end so im good there .. looking at maken it a 408 stroker fun car for fri and sat and a few car shows ..

yea but i dont want to do that lol. no mix and match here ... It might cost a little more but she will run good... looking at a dart block and arf heads ...already have the top end so im good there .. looking at maken it a 408 stroker fun car for fri and sat and a few car shows ..
    Good to see it kept in the all ford family.
    93 Mustang Lx Coupe - Stroked 342