20130606_102007.jpg20130606_102034.jpgI’m going to do an online build diary of my Fox body to not only for myself and to document my work, but help keep me motivated with enthusiasts keeping me motivated.
(This part is more for me). A little history on the car and why I chose an 82GT to begin with. When I was a young child my dad owned a silver with red interior 82GT with TTops, from then on I was hooked on mustangs. I was in the 6th grade I had a subscription to 5.0 Mustang magazine. When I was 19 I was attending and paying my way through college and a 82GT came up for sale locally. I went and looked at the car and knew I had to have it. It was a rust free, clean and straight car. It had a (what I thought was a NASTY 306) a mildly bult 306 with worked stock heads and a lumpy comp cams. It still had the SROD 4 Speed and 7.5 gear rear end.
As time went on I had 2 cams go flat on me and (missed a shift one night) and cracked the block. I ended up taking my dads motor that was actually in his 82GT and had it freshened up, added some world products Windsor Jr’s and a custom grind roller cam. That’s the motor that is currently in the car. (more on the motor and trans later).
Back in 2008 I set out to do something different with the car, I ended up putting an IRS out of an 2003 Cobra. At the time a good friend of mine did something similar in his 86GT and I thought it would be a fun project. So I did the front and rear suspension, converted it to 5 lug
2003 Cobra IRS
Full tilt boogie cradle bushings and solid mount for the diff
Energy suspensions poly bushings in the control arms
03/04 Cobra Bilsteins
Steeda 2x balljoints
03/04 Cobra Brakes
Stainless brake lines
Steeda caster camber plates
99/01 Cobra wheels and tires

When I got the car all finished it was fun and handled like no other car Id ever driven it had decent power and would take a corner harder than any car I’d driven before. The only down fall was the brakes, they never worked right I tried swapping the booster, master and adjusting the portioning valve 100 times.
In 2010 I thought that the cars issue wasn’t it wasn’t pulling enough vacuum due to the cam and I ended up swapping a 03/04 Hydroboost in. The car immediately had brakes like a Ferrari, come to later find out the larger bore of the mark 7 master cylinder I swapped in 7 years prior was too large and going to the smaller bore was what the braking system needed.
100_6676.jpgIn May of 2011 I was finally able to buy a 2004 Cobra, I ended up with a Redfire car that only had 36k miles on it and had a Whipple on it, so it had a lot of supporting mods for it. At that point when I got it home and a month went by I had the idea to basically take my 82GT to the next level and do a full terminator swap on it, but do it in such a way that both cars would essentially match, the only thing that would separated them would be the different era of bodies.
IMG_20120614_130152.jpgAt the end of 2011 I ended up getting a built teskid shortblock (with a torched head surface) on trade from a buddy, and at the time had ZERO money in it due to horse trading that I was able to do. In the spring of 2012 I was able to buy a 2003 Torch red cobra for $10,000 with some damage history, but still somehow had a clean title, and the deal included an extra rear bumper and an eaton. I was unable to get a title for the car and was pretty much forced to part it out to part it out to get my money back out which turned out to be a blessing in disguise, I ended up keeping
A complete Eaton swap
T56 trans and clutch/flywheel
Driveshaft
MINT Parchment Seats
ALL the wiring from car, cluster, computer etc
Fuel tank
HVAC and ALL A/C stuff
Fan and Radiator
A lot of little brackets, nuts and bolts etc.

So my plans for the 82GT is to completely remove the interior and convert it over to black, I have 100sq feet of dynamatt that I need to install. New carpet, headliner, door panels, make the A/C and heat 100% functional and make the cruise control work from the terminator.

My current motor plans are (and I have all of these parts just need to assemble everything)
Teskid shortblock, diamond pistons, manley rods, billet oil pump, aprox 9.2:1 comp.
ARP mains, side jack bolts, head studs
FR500 heads with oversize valves with a stage 1.5 port job, the shop says there equivalent to a stage 2 03/04 head with all new lash adjusters and rocker arms
Crower stage 3 Cams
New timing chains, guides, and tensioners
Lysholm 3.3
105 Injectors (being in Iowa its going to be on e-85)
RPM Performance T56 Trans