Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter plans anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    doesn't sound fun. my turbo kit, roll bar, solid rear and forged motor were all done in separate seasons and i still got burned out
    Yeah, I had considered just taking up knitting or something instead.
    1978 Datsun 280z - LS1/T56 - Hole in my garage I throw money into

If I had all the money back that I've spent on cars
    I'd spend it on cars

Senior Member Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport's Avatar
    Getting motor on the dyno and hope we come out alive! Lol
    Mike Salkowski

Iowa Outlaw Small tire shootout is on facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/IowaOutlawSmallTireShootout

I need to upgrade to a 10 point cage and parachute, nhra license and anti roll bar, line lock, 2 step, bigger downpipe and mess with suspension . I'm not looking forward to doing any of it. might just relax and street drive it next year.

Mustang needs new cam profile, re-ring, hone, bearings, soften combustion chambers, chassis cert, renew license. and on the circle car it needs at least new front stub, 2 sets of tires to start off, full set of rims, 4 new spare fenders, new paint job, sponsors.. motorcycle needs new bars, maybe a cam swap in that as well. Take apart the wifes motorcycle and do some custom paint on that. Then I need to find a new project car to keep me busy, I also would love to get a snowmobile and a ice fishing shack!

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    I need to upgrade to a 10 point cage and parachute, nhra license and anti roll bar, line lock, 2 step, bigger downpipe and mess with suspension . I'm not looking forward to doing any of it. might just relax and street drive it next year.

Why would you upgrade to 10pt,and gt a NHRA liscense when you only track it a couple times a year. A lot of wasted money IMO. Not to mention tracks are all IHRA in 14
    2014 IAF ROB PALMER SHOOTOUT AUTO CLASS WINNER

Bigger turblow, new hotside for the turblow, new downpipe for the turblow, different cam, same stock bottom end junkyard motor, might spend the money on a torque arm, and add another 340 fuel pump. Should be enough to destroy the trans or motor.
    2001 Z28 1SC - Bolt-ons

My plans are to drive my car around in the nice 70 degree winter weather down here.

Probably not a lot to actually buy for the truck, i'd like to get it tuned right and just up the boost a bit. I realized it really falls on its face around 5-5500rpm, right when it should really be waking up. Going to make sure the ignition and can timing are on, and go from there. I already got the rear narrowed with 4.88 gears, I might get some shims to get the pinion angle right on. Also toying with the idea of swapping to 2" lowering blocks on the back instead of 3", but after picking up Rob's rims, even the 28x9's should fit inside the wheel well.

Like I said, most everything I need is bought; now I just want to make it all work better together.

Aside from the truck, i'd like to get the pushbar mounted and rear windows tinted on the cop car, and now that the in floor heating in my garage is running, i'd like to finish mudding/painting the ceiling, and get the floors coated in epoxy.
    Tango 'til they're sore

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Going turbo myself.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

looking forward to seeing that^
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan