Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter plans anybody?

Winter plans anybody?

i know other people have mods theyre doing this winter besides eddyb, so whats everyone doing? any sweet spoilers or body kits this year? haha
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan

I'm planning on rebuilding the trans, fixing the clutch issue for sure. Adding a oil cooler and running brake ducts. I'm thinking about doing a home brew aero to help with down force. I would like to do a wire tuck but I really hate wiring. Maybe some other things also.
    Family car racing.

I am "Modding" my basement over the winter. Convinced my Dad to help me build a Wet Bar for Christmas.

Tiling about 7ft out from the end wall then building the wet bar on top of the tile. Carpet should be getting installed here in the next week or so for the other 1100 sq ft.

The Rx7 is in pieces. It got a wire tuck in the engine bay and is getting a turbo kit fabbed up and installed along with swapping Top ends. I have a stock bottom LQ4 still but now it has a LS3 topend along with a Comp Turbo CT43 8079 turbo. Top end is on now, new catch can is installed. Working on building a new fan shroud to fit the new radiator setup. Quite the large project but progress is being made. Somewhat recent pic of the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Phish View Post
    The Rx7 is in pieces. It got a wire tuck in the engine bay and is getting a turbo kit fabbed up and installed along with swapping Top ends. I have a stock bottom LQ4 still but now it has a LS3 topend along with a Comp Turbo CT43 8079 turbo. Top end is on now, new catch can is installed. Working on building a new fan shroud to fit the new radiator setup. Quite the large project but progress is being made. Somewhat recent pic of the progress.

That looks awesome! Your car should really move out after that is all done!

Thanks for the compliment. Its all the little stuff thats killing me. I had to get a new radiator so the outlet and inlet were in the right position. The fans didn't fit so i had to make a new shroud. Installed the catch can. Couldnt figure out a way i liked it with using the stock coil brackets so now i am making new brackets for the coils which will be in the same location just oriented differntly. Changing up the way some things are mounted, mounting the intercooler and getting it mounted.... all this and i still need to build the actual turbo kit. I just hope it all works out in the end and looks/functions well.

phish , who is building the turbo kit?

I plan on fabbing it up. Nothing to crazy just a stock manifold style hot side. Just went with a CX Racing intercooler. it shouldnt be difficult really. However i dont think i will be able to have a stok manifold and a downpipe going down my passanger side and still be able to keep the lines for the heater core. I am somewhat cramped for space in that area and those two lines may need to go

IAF Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobS View Post
    i know other people have mods theyre doing this winter besides eddyb, so whats everyone doing? any sweet spoilers or body kits this year? haha
    I'm going to steal your 5.3 and put it in my heep
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO

Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    I'm going to steal your 5.3 and put it in my heep
    wat u got?