Thread: Mechanic recommendations around Marion

Mechanic recommendations around Marion

Anyone know a good mechanic around the Marion area? I have a 04 Grand Am with rough idle while cold and random lose of power while accelerating until it warms up then appears fine other then a minor miss that is hard to notice. I am losing coolant very slowly (can't notice in exhaust and no visible leaks) and I'm sure that is why I keep getting an o2 sensor code after replacing it once already. Seems others will pull the o2 code and replace the sensor and call it good and will not diagnose further so I am looking for a mechanic that will actually diagnose beyond the code reader. I'm sure I am looking at a LIM or head gasket repair but feel their may be more to it so I want someone who knows what they are doing.

Can't recommend a good mechanic but I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that your LIM is definitely leaking if it's never been replaced, and your head gasket at the #1 cylinder is leaking. The miss when it's cold is from that. Pull the #1 plug and see how it looks. Very common problem on the 3.1 and 3.4's.

ATS auto is good and affordable. South side of CR. they sponsor this forum too

Palo Auto Repair. I've known Joe the owner over 15 yrs, most honest mechanic I know! Plus he's see it all, and helped me numerous times.

Is it the 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder in that but judging by lim statement I am betting 6. Anyway do the sludge test. Are you running. Any codes other than the 02 sensor? I mean do the tests. In marion you can use josh silvers or hubbel. I can do it, ats can do it but its worth taking it in somewhere getting an idea whats wrong before pulling the trigger on a repair.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

Ya it is the 3.4 v6. I reason I posted this is because I am not sure if the LIM and/or head gasket is the exact issue so want someone to diagnose it before an expensive repair is done that may not be beneficial.

Edit: Also the only other codes it has once in awhile is p300 and p301 but they are not a frequent as the p1133 code.

Pm sent