Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: work out supplements

Quote Originally Posted by bfoster50620 View Post
    What has worked wonders for me personally are pre-workout drinks and post-workout drinks. Pre-workout, I take Mass Pump XXL by Powerlab Nutrition which has creatine in it as well as caffeine. It definitely gets you going, and pumped up for your workout. Your musrawcles swell up and make you feel great! After workout, I take Cellmass by BSN nutrition. Whatever you do, if you are going to purchase supplements, MAKE SURE the company you are buying from is reputable! Look at how many companies have been in the news over bad ingredients in their stuff. I can just say that these two products (and a lot of hard ass work) have helped me accomplish a goal of bench pressing 500lbs. Onwards and upwards!
    Raw or equipped? How much do u weigh? Any vids..
    CTSV THAT EATS FIRECHICKENS!!!

I only lift raw, never tried a shirt. I dont compete so i doubt i ever will! I weighed in just below 240 that day... kind of funny to think when i started this job, i ran 1.5miles in under 9:00 and weighed 180lbs... now i only run spri ts under 400meters and weigh 240!!!

I only lift raw, never tried a shirt. I dont compete so i doubt i ever will! I weighed in just below 240 that day... kind of funny to think when i started this job, i ran 1.5miles in under 9:00 and weighed 180lbs... now i only run spri tnder 400meters and weigh 240!!!
    Not to sound like a hater but ive been lifting and competing for many years and could count on two hands people benching 500lbs raw under 300lbs..any vids

Nope, I understand! I do have a video from the day that I put up the weight, but it's only on my phone and that is the way I will keep it. There may or may not be some foul language exhibited on the video, plus the behavior after the successful lift is a bit wild... Normally I wouldn't have a problem posting it, but due to my position, it would be highly frowned by the community! If we ever cross paths, I'd be glad to show it! I will say that I was tickled pink the first time I put up 405lbs, and never imagined I'd be able to go any higher. Heck, I can remember how amazing it was putting up 315lbs, thinking I'd never be able to go any higher. When I got to 455lbs, 500 started looking like it was actually possible. One of the things that I was most excited about was being able to do 405lbs for reps. Do you compete in the powerlifting competitions, or just bench? My knees are pretty messed up right now, but I hope to get back into squats/snatching again soon...

How tall are you? I'm a big 6'3" knuckle dragging oaf so my reach is crazy long. I've been close to 405 a few times, but only when my weight is up to 255-260 or so. I can't ever see hitting 500 in my long frame naturally, but I might not put in the work I need to. I've been doing 4-5 days of weights with cardio and a day or two extra of cardio for the last 6 months or more, but I seem to have hit the wall on dropping weight and need to clean up my eating some more I guess. I don't really concentrate on bench anymore so to me chest is just another day of workout, but I can tell doing squats/legs in general helps everything else A LOT. I've been trying to lean out this last summer and dropped about 20-25lbs, but it sure takes a toll on maximum strength. I like fitting into my clothes better anyway so I am taking it easy on the heavy stuff and I also need to take it easy on my knees as I think I need on scoped next year. Sucks getting old

I am allergic to whey so I can't have dairy of any kind. I sort of self diagnosed it quite a few years ago, but never asked the doctors about it. It really sucks when it comes to protein as all I can really take is soy. The only other thing I take is creatine as it's cheap and seems to help me out a lot, but the water weight gain on me is just crazy. I'll shoot up 5lbs or more in a week when I take it.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Nope, I understand! I do have a video from the day that I put up the weight, but it's only on my phone and that is the way I will keep it. There may or may not be some foul language exhibited on the video, plus the behavior after the successful lift is a bit wild... Normally I wouldn't have a problem posting it, but due to my position, it would be highly frowned by the community! If we ever cross paths, I'd be glad to show it! I will say that I was tickled pink the first time I put up 405lbs, and never imagined I'd be able to go any higher. Heck, I can remember how amazing it was putting up 315lbs, thinking I'd never be able to go any higher. When I got to 455lbs, 500 started looking like it was actually possible. One of the things that I was most excited about was being able to do 405lbs for reps. Do you compete in the powerlifting competitions, or just bench? My knees are pretty messed up right now, but I hope to get back into squats/snatching again soon...
    Why dont you compete then? at 242 benching 500 would put you at the top in the nation. This is the internet so I would have to see it to beleive it..lol where do you train?

not to stir the pot, but youtube has a simple video editor available with any video you upload. and you can mute the audio and cut out the post lift celebration. also youtube will allow you to list the video as unlisted or private

http://www.youtube.com/editor

I highly doubt Brian would lie, expecially about something like this.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Looking forward to to seeing this video, my virgin ears can handle the foul language..

Not saying he is lieing would just like to see the vid.
    Just like I said not many people bench 500lbs at 242