Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: world's fastest true stick mustang

  1. #11
    Moderator slow ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New Hartford, IA
    Posts
    1,325
    love the wheels
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,200
    Little in car action from that vette
    http://s428.photobucket.com/user/jar...D4061.mp4.html
    "U guys are a bunch of pathetic fucks Ryan your the worst" -Eddy B
    "no one gives two shits if he built it or purchased it.. or if it was purchased by his dad. you just sound like a jealous bitch. move along" -k-ville
    "I think the S4 is the best car I've ever owned" -slow ride

  3. #13
    Owner AutoMods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Liberty
    Posts
    5,084
    Really hate to sell the car, but Im kind of getting bored with it, and ready to move onto something else. This car is currently the fastest NA C6 Z06 (9.86@140.9), and is also currently the fastest late model 6 speed corvette (8.82@161.7/nitrous) I bought the car completely stock Jan 2012, had 33k on the clock, came from florida. Since then I have done a fairly simple yet potent build. This car is in need of nothing but a new owner, nothing has been removed from the car to lighten it, its full interior, no holes have ever even been cut in the carpet for the nitrous because it would hurt my stomach! I can sell the car in any way the new owner would like if needed, (Bolt on car/no nitrous etc) but would prefer to sell as is because the car simply WORKS! Here is a mod list, Im sure im forgetting something, if you have any questions or concerns please call/text me any time, I would consider an Atomic Orange or Jet stream blue C6 in exhange if I could trade even or get some cash on my end. Body is a 9/10, real nice but could use a buff, minor rock chips, interior is a 9/10 as well, has new floormats and all new seat foam inside both seats.

    2006 Z06

    Navigation car
    40,500 miles


    Shortblock

    427ci still
    all machine work done 3k miles ago
    New GM bearings
    Mahle forged pistons (11:9:1)
    Stock rods
    Stock crankshaft
    All new Gaskets

    Vararam CAI
    Electric water pump
    ARH 2" primary Long tube headers with off road X
    Stock mufflers (modded)
    Fast 102 ported by BTR
    Ported TB by BTR
    Stock cylinder heads ported and milled(WCCH/BTR)
    Custom nitrous camshaft kit by BTR

    Nitrous outlet Race nozzle kit
    supports up to 250 hp currently has the 200 hp jetting
    2 NANO kits
    NOS launcher progressive touch screen controller
    New Wal bro 400 pump with BAP

    New rear shocks
    mcleod RXT clutch
    new slave cylinder
    C5 rear axles
    new diff and trans fluid

    Full set of nice OEM polished C6 Z06 wheels
    Full set of Replica powder coated C6 Z06 wheels
    Full set of RTS wheels 18x4.5 17x11
    Front alumastar skinnys

    This car not only works good on the track, its a street beast as well, if you dont mind a big camshaft you can drive it anywhere, it actually doesnt drive too bad as far as cam surge goes.

    Going to start off pricing the car at 45k, call/text 859 613 3706 thanks!

    his car seems too fast for his mod list. whats the limit on those stock titanium rods he is running ???

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,688
    Its a LS engine, its a marvel of modern engineering you shouldnt be that surprised!? He is definetly down playing it no doubt about that

    Its cool thats its a nitrous car

  5. #15
    Moderator slow ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New Hartford, IA
    Posts
    1,325
    It's probably good DA for the NA run or both. It makes 600+ whp NA and thats going to be a little stronger than 600 whp FI since the average power will be better I'm guessing. Check out his 60ft, etc. Nobody ever test the titanium rods out as the piston pins are not standard so that makes the aftermarket piston custom and more expensive (except for a few pistons like the Mahles he has). They LOOK a lot better than the beefy stock rods, but who knows for sure. They are light as hell in the 450g range I think. Those heads probably flow over 400 cfm and I'm sure the cam is quite large for a hydraulic roller. Tooley puts together some nice cam packages Just ask Andy . I've see quite a few other well put together 427 packages in vettes run in the high 9's/140's NA in good air.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    It's probably good DA for the NA run or both. It makes 600+ whp NA and thats going to be a little stronger than 600 whp FI since the average power will be better I'm guessing. Check out his 60ft, etc. Nobody ever test the titanium rods out as the piston pins are not standard so that makes the aftermarket piston custom and more expensive (except for a few pistons like the Mahles he has). They LOOK a lot better than the beefy stock rods, but who knows for sure. They are light as hell in the 450g range I think. Those heads probably flow over 400 cfm and I'm sure the cam is quite large for a hydraulic roller. Tooley puts together some nice cam packages Just ask Andy . I've see quite a few other well put together 427 packages in vettes run in the high 9's/140's NA in good air.
    400 cfm heads + 427cube with that light of parts, its almost a shame to put a hydraulic roller in it, that combo of parts should be hitting well over 8000 rpm and 900 hp capable if your really getting after it. Wonder what crank looks like in there, counter weights should be machined down quite a bit.

  7. #17
    Moderator slow ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New Hartford, IA
    Posts
    1,325
    I hear you but the stock style intakes don't go much over 7 k anyway and if you want to be able to street drive it and idle at 1000 rpm or less you can't get too aggressively. The runner lenght is to long and almost nothing else fits under a vette hood. They do make way more power under the curve though. The cranks suck for making big power as you have to add so much Mallory to get them balanced with a heavy duty aftermarket rod. It is a factory forged part but just a pain to use in most FI builds.
    Last edited by slow ride; 12-11-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    I hear you but the stock style intakes don't go much over 7 k anyway and if you want to be able to street drive it and idle at 1000 rpm or less you can't get too aggressively. The runner lenght is to long and almost nothing else fits under a vette hood. They do make way more power under the curve though. The cranks suck for making big power as you have to add so much Mallory to get them balanced with a heavy duty aftermarket rod. It is a factory forged part but just a pain to use in most FI builds.
    yeah thats about what I figured, no such thing as a magic engine where you can have everything. Thats just painfull putting a 400+cfm head on something limited to 7000 "more or less"


    On a side note you wouldnt believe the amount of mallory in my crank now with 6.25 H-beams and heavy nitrous pistons. If I switch to aluminum rods in my engine I will lose a total of 3.3 pounds between the crank and rods

  9. #19
    Moderator slow ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New Hartford, IA
    Posts
    1,325
    The heads are stock ls7 with extra port work. Stock ls7 heads are already CNC ported, flow 360-370cfm and I think they need to flow that good with the short intake duration camshaft to meet the power goals with emissions in mind.


    Scott, thats quite the piston/rod combo you must be running
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    Scott, thats quite the piston/rod combo you must be running
    I've been working around dump truck engines too much!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •