Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Project Bimini...Ready to see the doc!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In the BURNOUT BOX
    Posts
    2,206

    Project Bimini...Ready to see the doc!

    All gutted and ready to go to Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. SteveO let the fun begin.

    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Winner!
    SOLD!!! 99 Z28 aka "Blackie"
    SOLD!!! FASTEST H/C LS1 IN IOWA!
    JUST A PUMP GAS LS1...
    "EddyB and Son and Daughter Racing"
    New Azz Draggin Grudge Car comming soon!!!
    Comming in "2014" Bimini Blue POS LSX powered notch.
    93 Bimini LSX notch.....aka "BeaterEater"

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    280
    Is this the same car from the shootout? If so you work quick lol.

    -Matt
    1988 Toyota Supra: 2jz no shit.... har har.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In the BURNOUT BOX
    Posts
    2,206
    Yes it is, completly gutted.
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Winner!
    SOLD!!! 99 Z28 aka "Blackie"
    SOLD!!! FASTEST H/C LS1 IN IOWA!
    JUST A PUMP GAS LS1...
    "EddyB and Son and Daughter Racing"
    New Azz Draggin Grudge Car comming soon!!!
    Comming in "2014" Bimini Blue POS LSX powered notch.
    93 Bimini LSX notch.....aka "BeaterEater"

  4. #4
    Member 93stang5oh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester, Iowa
    Posts
    89
    Wow that is one clean coupe!
    93 Mustang Lx Coupe - Stroked 342

  5. #5
    Owner AutoMods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Liberty
    Posts
    5,084
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolRCR View Post
    Yes it is, completly gutted.
    make sure that cage bar under the dash leaves room for your heater core and hvac to fit back in or you will get classified as a drag car along with kville. horn too. no funny business.

    i'm going to head over to the twins to inspect this shit as they build it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In the BURNOUT BOX
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    make sure that cage bar under the dash leaves room for your heater core and hvac to fit back in or you will get classified as a drag car along with kville. horn too. no funny business.

    i'm going to head over to the twins to inspect this shit as they build it.
    You just Knock yourself out and give it the 100% inspection.
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Winner!
    SOLD!!! 99 Z28 aka "Blackie"
    SOLD!!! FASTEST H/C LS1 IN IOWA!
    JUST A PUMP GAS LS1...
    "EddyB and Son and Daughter Racing"
    New Azz Draggin Grudge Car comming soon!!!
    Comming in "2014" Bimini Blue POS LSX powered notch.
    93 Bimini LSX notch.....aka "BeaterEater"

  7. #7
    Senior Member Snoclo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    in the garage, C.R., Iowa
    Posts
    118
    So does not having heat/ac make it a race car? BS! Those are just luxuries.
    My 38' Plymouth Business Coupe didn't come with either and it sure ain't a race car, heater was an option.

  8. #8
    Owner AutoMods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Liberty
    Posts
    5,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoclo View Post
    So does not having heat/ac make it a race car? BS! Those are just luxuries.
    My 38' Plymouth Business Coupe didn't come with either and it sure ain't a race car, heater was an option.
    haha . ac is not a rule. working blower motor is the test for the auto class in the street car shootout. its not a perfect rule but it makes some sense. without heat or the ability to defog or defrost your windows does take some street ability out of a car in the cold. even during rain your windows will fog up with no ventilation.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Mr Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Reinbeck Ia
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    haha . ac is not a rule. working blower motor is the test for the auto class in the street car shootout. its not a perfect rule but it makes some sense. without heat or the ability to defog or defrost your windows does take some street ability out of a car in the cold. even during rain your windows will fog up with no ventilation.
    I bring a towel with me and wipe it off every so often until the motor heat gets going. Sometimes scrape it with a card out of my wallet. I dont consider it a race car. Good thing I enter it in the stick class.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Snoclo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    in the garage, C.R., Iowa
    Posts
    118
    Ventilation=windows, and maybe a little rain-x. Years ago I didn't have it my Baja bug and I somehow managed. again BS! I know it's written into the rules.
    Fogging-check your heater core for a leak. Haha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •