Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: House broken into

sucks man. any of your neighbors have any outdoor cameras?

security systems have came a long way and keep getting cheaper. mine can text me and/or email me pictures when their is motion, right to your smartphone. you can also view live video and review video from your phone or any internet connection.

also there are cheap motion alarms which are about as loud as a fire alarm for as little as $20, some have auto dialers that will call your phone when there is motion inside your house. I have a couple motion alarms that are independent of my main system. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOMESAFE-Aut...item231b49fe02

I find it odd how some people will spend a ton of money on a nice firearm for self protection but wont spend a few hundred on a security system
    Last edited by AutoMods; 09-14-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Having your house broken into is one of the most gut wrenching feelings one will ever have in their life. It sucks. At least it wasn't much. When the douchebag Lucas Jones broke into my place, it cost me about $5k. Granted, he was upset with me because he wanted to sleep with my gf, his cousin, at the time, but still. It takes a low life to disrespect someone on that level. He used to travel around in this group, so if anyone sees him, let him know he's a douche.

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

2gig go control and alarm.com monitoring service its simple enough to do a diy install and you can have camera and home automation features also uses internal cell to report alarms etc

Stg4raddo - So I checked out alarm.com, I have sent emails to get more information from a few different companies. I clicked find dealers for alarm.com and the two in des moines that popped up were Vivint and FrontPoint. Both of which are places I have already emailed, so it sounds like they may all use the same system?

Either way having a monitored system is much cheaper than I thought it would be. Amazing more people do not do this, cheaper than paying for cable each month.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Alarm.com offers support to two alarm panels the 2gig and a simon xti. I deal with the 2gig at work and its a great platform compared to your tradtional wired alarm panel. The alarm.com plat form is used to give you web and smartphone access to control arm/disarm as well as view cameras,control garage doors and even control lights and locks. Just depends on how much you want to put into the system.

Vivint does use alarm.com I can turn lights on/off, look at my remote camera, lock and unlock the front door, or arm/disarm house all on my phone. Plus I can look past events to see when doors are open or closed.
    1989 Mustang 408W TT Built by me. Sippin Corn cocktails. 721hp 765TQ on 10lbs

2004 Subaru Forester XT 5spd

1979 Yamaha XS 1100, 70's goodness.

what does alarm.com charge per month? they probably let you get all the equipment up front for a low monthly fee but in the long run would it be better to buy your own equipment up front with no reoccurring monthly fees.

i feel like with all the remote capabilities, there is not a need to pay a 3rd party to monitor when you can get alerts to your phone. and if your on vacation you could have family help monitor/log in if any motion alerts get triggered.

I have Vivint witch is alarm.com and pay around 53 bucks a month. Its great peace of mind thats for sure. I had a bannar fall off the wall in the middle of the night in the shop that set the system off and let me tell you it's a rush at 3 AM knowing your going out gun drawn. I love how its not a hard wired panel and the smart phone compatability is awesome.
    2014 IAF ROB PALMER SHOOTOUT AUTO CLASS WINNER

I have a zmodo 8 channel security system, its a cheaper system but works great. records all the time and automatically records over old footage once its full. ITs tuff to get the internet viewing and alert system working correctly but it does work. Mainly use to store the video if someone does break in as opposed to watching on the web, I have the DVR locked in the gun safe so they cant get to it.

best buy has several systems, swann, lorex and samsung are pretty common