Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House broken into

House broken into

So, stopped home at 8pm tonight, dropped my car off at the parking lot next door. Ran inside and hopped in the wifes car to go to dinner. Came home an hour later to find my side door kicked in. Door was kicked off its hinges. Livingroom tv, xbox, and wii gone. Tile counter in the kitchen destroyed from the door hitting it.

Needless to say we have the insecure feeling and a lot of fixing to do.

So if anyone in des moines runs accross a cheap in new shape xbox arcade with a dora the explorer game in it, a Hisense 42 inch flat screen tv with missing remote, or a white wii that is missing its power cable and oh yeah the disc drive is broken. Shoot them for me.

The wifes knee jerk reaction is to move. Granted we have wanted to move for years however its not feesable.

So does anyone have any suggestions or recomendations on home security systems?
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

i have the logitech alert security. but its kinda buggy, i would look elsewhere

Fence, dog and guns
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    Fence, dog and guns

Check check check
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

I'm really sorry to hear that man. It's amazing what kind of low-life people are in our midst every day.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

I had that happen to me after I came home from a vacation one time. Its the worst feeling ever. I had a lot of nice electronics in my house and they took almost every single on of them. It takes a while for the feeling to lessen. I installed a net work security camera system in my house with a DVR and everything. Recorded motion and had night vision cameras. You could also pull up the live cameras from your phone and check on the house. It was a nice piece of mind.
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric

if u were only gone long enough for dinner then they had to have been watching u!u have any body over recently? repair man cable guy somebody who could have checked out ur place and then waited to come back??
    2004 Mach 1-Ported eaton swap-divisonX 340 pump, larger heatexchanger, 3.4 pulley@ 9#, 60# dekas, Lmaf, TUNED by ME!!!!!....with SCT proracer times:1.-60' 1/8-7.8 @93 1/4 11.9@120--------- 2000 Camaro SS -TTops M6 with 8.8 rear 3.73 gear. bolt on's and tunetimes: 1.8 60' 12.9 @111

Quote Originally Posted by watman02 View Post
    if u were only gone long enough for dinner then they had to have been watching u!u have any body over recently? repair man cable guy somebody who could have checked out ur place and then waited to come back??
    This. Or have any shady neighbors or teenagers in your neighborhood?
    2012 IAF Rob Palmer Shootout Auto Runner Up (Chekal cheated)

Quote Originally Posted by LT1Dan View Post
    This. Or have any shady neighbors or teenagers in your neighborhood?
    This^^^
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

No repairmen or anything simular over. Aside from family, kids friends(they are all under 10yrs) and Chris lol no one has been in my house in the last 6+ months. I can say there are some teens across the street moved in a yearish ago. Don't seem to have any problems, I talked to their folks last night and they were shocked it happened. Their windows were open and don't hear/see a thing.

It blows its all under or right around our 1k deductible. So its all out of pocket to replace it.

Will be looking into a security system for piece of mind. I could care less about the crap, its more knowing something will wake us up if someone tries it in the future.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4