Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honest opinion on IS300s

Honest opinion on IS300s

Been kicking around the idea of trading my 04 Silverado. I have always liked the is300s so I would like to get some honest opinions and insight on them. I found a very clean looking bright red one. Not concerned with the auto because I will only consider manuals.

I always wanted one, couldnt find 6spd when I was in the market so gave up. Anymore I find them a bit dated looking, but still seem to be solid cars. I also still would take one.

They're solid cars, absolutely. Obviously the timing belt/water pump will need to be done if it hasn't yet. Aside from that you can DD it without a hiccup. If you like it then scoop one up.
    adminTuning YouTube
    VQ35DE 12:1 CR JWT S1 ARP ACL - SOLD
    VQ35DE T70'd

Guy gave me insult trade in price on my truck so the IS I found isn't happening, did find an 06 STI I like a lot. So now any big issues with those?

is300's are cool because you can do a turbo 2jz, 600+whp . take your time, do your research and pick the car you want and go find it. don't settle on whatever trade comes along

Not really settling, just kicking around ideas of cars I like. Subi would make more sense since I would imagine it would get around better than the Lexus but I could be wrong. To be honest I settled for my 04 crew cab when I got that and turned out to be a good truck just getting bored with it and truck parts are so much.

What you want out of the truck I know a few people looking and working in a delaer you know they offer half price unless its uber uber clean.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

I had one for 3 years and it was an auto. Had a blast with it the automatic part didn't even bother me. They have "paddle" shifters if you will there just buttons on the stearing wheel.

You would have fun in the sti. They are pretty fun and reliable cars if taken care of. They are also a practical car. They handle snow and winter conditions well but remember tires can make or break a car. Send me the link of the car and I will see if I know the car or if I can give you an idea of the condition
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric

Ill have an 01 is300 modded for sale in a month or 2