Thread: The "new" guy

The "new" guy

Hey fellas. I think I've been in my batcave for long enough. It's time to see some daylight.

I'm not new to cars, the area or DSMs. I'm on my 2nd 2g and 3rd DSM, I've had it for 3 years and been tuning 4g63's for 5+ years.
    I've never been much of a team player so I've always kept my builds hidden away most of the year. I'm not much for shit talking or bench racing and I'd rather talk about cars than dis them. I might be the only DSMer who enjoys a nice 350sb and a decent Honda build. I just like cars and going fast, the rest is for the birds.
    I don't go to the strip often, and I've only built one car that has been dedicated to the strip.

I'm here to introduce the world to Candycane. One or two of you might have seen her on FB or on a rare drive around CR. But she hasn't come out very often in the last 3 years. She's been enjoying the life of a non-DD.

1000517_10200702248256832_1208597539_n.jpg

She's my stock block street experiment. I wanted to push a 97+ stock 7bolt to it's limit (w/MAP HP head studs and MLS HG).
    The main highlights of this girl:
    "Bastard" big16g with 7cm evoIII hotside. She definitely "appears" like a pretty stock evoIII.
    268/268 GSC cams to compliment the wide powerband
    Running E85 tuned with ECMlink @ 22*adv at peak torque and 24psi
    The rest is pretty standard: short route FMIC, Dual deatschwerks 255lph pumpers, FIC 1050's, Fuelab AFPR 1g N/T Throttle body, ClutchMaster FX300 clutch, gutted emmissions and A/c, CAI, blah blah blah

Yeah, she can develop boost leaks and leak a little oil every once in a while and the battery is bungie strapped down, but everything else is clean... it's a DSM... I would hate to infringe on a DSM's starling reputation of always being reliable.

She has yet to make her debut track appearance. I have been contemplating the Oct. 5th shootout but I've been hesitant as it's been a while. But I'm pretty sure it's time. The roads are getting boring here and I'm pretty sure my little 2g rods and bearings wont last past next spring.

Whatya guys think? Should I bring her out or put her back in the garage?

-Cameron

Get it out, always down to see another dsm run around. I ran that same turbo on one of my (one of 8) DSM's. Nice turbo for street and then some.

Well it only looks like a 16g. I machined the TDO5h housing to accept a 20g comp. wheel. This is what I mean by "Bastard" But yeah, she's great.

Helps for any future "stock" appearing classes

Ah, I didnt do that, but another local did. I guess my experience with the next closest model turbo would have been my BR20g, it was fun too.

Welcome to the site. Its always nice getting some more imports on the board that is mostly full of v8s. There are a lot of nice v8s on here though.
    someone at the shootout had a super bastard turbo also. something like a 30r tucked into a 16g housing. I really like my 16g for what I use it for.

welcome, and yes u should def bring it to the shootout!
    Dallas Spinler-95 Honda Civic EX, B18B1 swapped
    91 Acura Integra GS frost white-sold
    91 4 door EF LS/Vtec spinler built, lil bit of spray-sold
    91 acura integra J1 trans I/H/E-sold
    99 civic ex coupe high compression mini-me swap- RIP Nov. 18th 2008
    91 CRX base SOHC ZC swap non-vtec- sold
    "You dont build a honda to go fast or make money, you build a honda cuz its what u like, its your hobby...."

welcome.

if you wait for it to be done or perfect it will never see the light of day . definitely bring it out and get some timeslips