The weather up in Cedar Falls is showing only 20% chance of rain after 2:00pm Saturday. I will keep you updated but as of now, the event is definitely on.

2:00 Gates open. Get your car teched asap and buy race fuel if needed. Mark IAF-Auto or IAF-Manual on your drivers side and front window.

2:15-2:45 Final registrations, auto class rules inspection. Derek will be handling late registrations and inspections.

2:45 Quick IAF Drivers meeting

3:00 Make sure you’re ready to race. You will have time to make one test pass, possibly two test passes if you are quick about it.

4:00 Auto and Manual classes line up in the proper lanes for your Qualifying pass to get you seated in the elimination bracket. The CFR computer will record the time and seat you automatically.

4:30-7:30pm There will probably be 4 rounds of elimination. Last year CFR wanted both auto and manuals to come to the staging lanes at the same time. If you get a bye run, you still have to show up and run down the track. Please get to the lanes promptly when called.

7:30 Award Ceremony in the pits!

If you see an error in the qualifying or round printouts, let me know and we can correct it. We can also help out if for example you’re fixing your car and can’t qualify, we can manually insert you into the race but you’ll be seated last.

Keep racing test and tune if you’re eliminated from the bracket. However do not use the special bracket lanes. Any timeslip can qualify to win the awards, keep your timeslips.

You cannot wear shorts if you’re racing. Bring warm clothes if you plan to watch midnight mania.

I have quite a bit of testing to do with my own car and I’ll be up at the tower at times. Derek is well aware of all the rules, registration and schedule if you have questions.

Thanks,
Ryan