Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: traffic camera ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Stutz View Post
    I've pretty much been told I HAVE to go all the way to des moines to contest it or just pay. Dont understand why they just can't have someone look over the phone its so obvious the ticket is wrong.

After doing some googling they turn it over to a collection angency and if you still don't pay the state of iowa takes it out of your state income tax. Its only a $65.00 ticket in order to fight it I'd have to spend at least $20 in gas and 3 or 4 hours of my time/possibly miss some time at work.
    Bud, I'd call up a few news broadcasters, be pissed, explain this shit to them and with any luck, maybe one of them will broadcast that shit like this can and does happen to innocent people. If you're going to end up paying it anyway, might as well attempt to shut a few of the mother fuckers up who keep on telling me these speed cameras are good and there for our protection.
    1971 Baja Bug - Throwin' mud

Quote Originally Posted by Aircooled View Post
    Bud, I'd call up a few news broadcasters, be pissed, explain this shit to them and with any luck, maybe one of them will broadcast that shit like this can and does happen to innocent people. If you're going to end up paying it anyway, might as well attempt to shut a few of the mother fuckers up who keep on telling me these speed cameras are good and there for our protection.
    agreed, least you can do is let it be known this unfair ticketing is happening. I've never gotten one, I havent even had a ticket since 2004...but I hate the way things are working. Makes you guilty to drive down the road...which im more pissed about since I just paid (read, way to fucking much) taxes on my new (USED) car. dafuq is that

I dont believe at all that it comes out of your income taxes...thats not legal. They'd have to get a court order to do that. Also, someone in CR had the exact situation you did, they called the media, and within a week the ticket was gone.
    Prowler Orange 2000 Civic SI

2000 Audi S4, imola yellow, Stage3, evoms intake, borla 3in cat-back, apr dp's, APR turbo kit, stg3 clutchmaster, fidanza flywheel, apr snub mount, awe tuning trans-stabilizer, pioneer headunit, boston speakers, viper alarm, OZ 18's, BFG KDW2's, APR Bi-pipe.....because we all have as much ownership of this car as Derek does.

I like the idea of calling the media. These cameras are controversial enough. Get the discussion going and get them outta here.

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    I like the idea of calling the media. These cameras are controversial enough. Get the discussion going and get them outta here.
    LOL... That would take a small amount of effort from a group of at least somewhat educated people. Not gonna happen around here! Most people don't know/care about their rights and only complain because they don't want to pay. Buncha fat, lazy, stupid fuckers who'd rather bitch and complain than actually try to be a part of something to change it.

side note, do you have a smart phone, if so save http://www.photoenforced.com/ in your favorites.

2006 Trailblazer LT 4x4-stock
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon-5100s, H&R 1" spring, sway disconnects, 245 STTs
    1988 Regular Cab Short Box 4x4-dont even know where to begin<-giant shitbag of a truck

Just announced on the radio this morning that Clive will not renew their contract with Gatso and will not be enforcing their red light camera citations.

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

Thank god. I'm surprised no one has taken them out by running into them. Like they do to all the signs around town. I have thought about it, buying a huge pile off clist and running into them. Im glad I haven't gotten one yet. My last ticket was going 100 in 65 by a unmarked trail blazer highway patrol. Didn't go to jail, car didn't get impounded, I paid the ticket and went to driving school at dmacc and kept my license and no sr22.I was lucky. But now its been almost 5 years and its still on my record. My job won't let me drive there vehicles til it drops off. Good luck fighting it. I never had any luck fighting tickets. I just pay them and move on. Price I paid to speed. Now I watch my speed. Its not worth it anymore