Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: traffic camera ticket

traffic camera ticket

I received a traffic camera ticket from des moines and its 150% not me. The picture shows a newer Toyota and the license plate doesn't match any of my vehicals. The ticket says its for my 97 grand prix when I haven't owned a 97 in over 3 years. Also the license plate shows polk county not keokuk.

I've called the number on there and all they say is I can either pay it or set up a time to go all the way to des monies to contest it.
    I know these tickets don't go on your record but if you don't pay can't they send it to a collection angency and fuck up my credit? Driving all the way to des monies is not an option for me but really don't want to pay a bullshit ticket.
    2000 Trans Am: 160* thermo msd wires bmr driveshaft loop. high 13s in late 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Stutz View Post
    I received a traffic camera ticket from des moines and its 150% not me. The picture shows a newer Toyota and the license plate doesn't match any of my vehicals. The ticket says its for my 97 grand prix when I haven't owned a 97 in over 3 years. Also the license plate shows polk county not keokuk.

I've called the number on there and all they say is I can either pay it or set up a time to go all the way to des monies to contest it.
    I know these tickets don't go on your record but if you don't pay can't they send it to a collection angency and fuck up my credit? Driving all the way to des monies is not an option for me but really don't want to pay a bullshit ticket.
    Ive heard they turn it over to their own collection's and it doesn't make it to your credit ever, especially from just a single ticket. But i'm not 100% sure on that
    "U guys are a bunch of pathetic fucks Ryan your the worst" -Eddy B
    "no one gives two shits if he built it or purchased it.. or if it was purchased by his dad. you just sound like a jealous bitch. move along" -k-ville
    "I think the S4 is the best car I've ever owned" -slow ride

Gotta love America! Plan A: I would try to speak with someone that can help Im sure the phone rings all day with shit like that and get them a copy of all your registered vehicles and the photo let the know its not you. Plan B: Go down to Des Moines load up your guns go in shooting tell them your not taking any prisoners!
    Andy Fangman
    F1X Procharged LS1 Foxbody Mustang
    4.86 147mph
    http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdownstairs

Great, we have to worry about that now too? So many little issues like that drive me nuts, they leave you with no options. Is there anyone else you can call for answers?

Sounds like your option is pay something you dont owe, drive to DSM to contest and hopefully actually meet with someone that can do something about it, or the method (im in a similar sort of situation) get a lawyer, and charge them your legal fees and make them fix it. Really tired of the always hearing oh you have to meet with so and so, when they get back, next week, after they schedule you, for every other tuesdays opening, bills due yesterday, we charge 80% a day late fees..or whatever and etc.

I wouldn't pay shit; they are full of it. Even if it did get turned into a real credit agency (which it won't, you have to enter into a legally binding contract to EVER be turned into a credit agency) They are just trying to get you to send them a free check. Do you really think that if someone was visiting here from California and got a ticket for a vehicle they didn't own, that they would also be forced to come back here to contest it? Please.
    Also, with any credit agency, even if it were to go on your record, all you have to do is contact the credit agency and contest it. Des Moines then has to prove that the violation is in fact yours or it comes off of your credit score. How can they prove the violation is yours? They will have to send in the picture and plate of the offending vehicle along with a copy of your registered vehicles, which won't match that one, and the plate when they run it will not come back to you. I'd make a few calls and see where you get. If it gets you nowhere, I'd just throw it in the trash.
    Prowler Orange 2000 Civic SI

2000 Audi S4, imola yellow, Stage3, evoms intake, borla 3in cat-back, apr dp's, APR turbo kit, stg3 clutchmaster, fidanza flywheel, apr snub mount, awe tuning trans-stabilizer, pioneer headunit, boston speakers, viper alarm, OZ 18's, BFG KDW2's, APR Bi-pipe.....because we all have as much ownership of this car as Derek does.

if he gets pulled over in the future, can he get in any kind of trouble for an outstanding ticket?

No...It's not a DOT violation if it's a speed camera. It's a civil penalty...aka...not a real ticket. If it doesn't go on your driving record, it never went through the real live DOT.
    Prowler Orange 2000 Civic SI

2000 Audi S4, imola yellow, Stage3, evoms intake, borla 3in cat-back, apr dp's, APR turbo kit, stg3 clutchmaster, fidanza flywheel, apr snub mount, awe tuning trans-stabilizer, pioneer headunit, boston speakers, viper alarm, OZ 18's, BFG KDW2's, APR Bi-pipe.....because we all have as much ownership of this car as Derek does.

All these damn cameras need to be banned. My advice, go pay it in pennies.
    http://www.dragsource.net/board/view...ennies#p120007

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

id say call them an get it settled, no reason to drag it out any longer

My wife works at the courthouse and I asked her about it she says it happens alot that they get the wrong person make sure everything on the ticket is correct name date of birth etc.
    Andy Fangman
    F1X Procharged LS1 Foxbody Mustang
    4.86 147mph
    http://www.youtube.com/user/skipdownstairs