Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: garage floor coating

I have to go back next year and do the other half of the garage. I can't speak for its long term durability yet but I do notice it is a lot easier to clean up oil/spills/dirt now

old vs new

IAF Team Member
    Looks good
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO

come do mine next
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan

Now you can't do work on it it's too nice With all the welding under the cars, jack stands, etc I can't see coating the floor in my garage. I know it's tuff stuff, but it just wouldn't last.

Off topic, this place really died off lately
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Looks great! I should do mine once it warms up.

This place has died off. I think Facebook groups are starting to take over the world .

Quote Originally Posted by 86svo9L View Post
    Looks great! I should do mine once it warms up.

This place has died off. I think Facebook groups are starting to take over the world .

I think your right, I just tried to "like" Ed's post. LOL

It does look good, but 8 hours of grinding!!! fuck

Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    Now you can't do work on it it's too nice With all the welding under the cars, jack stands, etc I can't see coating the floor in my garage. I know it's tuff stuff, but it just wouldn't last.

Off topic, this place really died off lately
    I read the good commercial grade epoxy lasts a long time. I guess we'll see how weld it holds up. I've heard others say the welding/grinding debris can melt/mark up the floor. And I did already experience the thin legs of the jack stands making indentations into the epoxy, though the jack itself hasn't left marks. So I have to use wood or metal plate under the jack stand to avoid indentations. I had to do something about the hairline cracks in floor because water from rain/snow was seeping into the storage area underneath. Thought is was a good time to patch the cracks and lay down new epoxy at the same time but it was more work than I originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 86svo9L View Post
    yup pretty much. this forum software is outdated, doesn't work well with smart phones and media compared to facebook. there is some newer/better software but don't know if its worth the effort

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    yup pretty much. this forum software is outdated, doesn't work well with smart phones and media compared to facebook. there is some newer/better software but don't know if its worth the effort
    If it is any consolation most of the forums I am on have been the same way over the last few months, even the large ones. There are a couple that still manage, but that is because of hardcore following. Time to start pushing the Iowa Auto Forums page on Facebook!

looks really good. I just re-did my hardwood, and I feel ya on that hours on end of grinding. I think I called it "good enough" after 15hrs. Id like to do my garage, but worry Id just ruin it with rolling jacks and a heavy engine stand around. I could use some of that crack sealer too.

IAF Team Member
    Colton, pick up some Race Deck.
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO