Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinler project:

Spinler project:

Well here goes... So, me and my dad have been wanting to start a project car for awhile now and weve finally come across the funds to do so. We put $20 a week in a bank account each, obviously we have a joint account. So anyway, the plan was to buy my brothers 95 civic coupe and start there. Well they surprised me for my birthday last monday and gave us they keys. The cars in my dads name as itll only cost him $15 a month for ins. lol. We dont have a garage, so were using my uncles garage, and paying some rent. It wont be a project thats done in a few months by any means but its a fun project for my dad and i.

What we did today was pull the bumper and straighten out the lower radiator support that was bent in-ward due to a previous owner, (a 15 yr-old girl), hitting a small tree a long time ago. So i didnt get any before pics but we got it as straight as we cld and the bumper fits waaay better and the hood shuts nice and easy, which before u had to slam it to get it to shut.

The over-all goal:
    B16A swap on 10lbs..... We want something fun to drive on the street and can go to the track and run 12s.

What it needs first!!!
    scary rust hole in fender well
    front lower control arms
    inner tie-rod ends
    lower ball joints
    a hood
    exhaust work
    cam seals
    axels
    sending unit for oil press. gauge leaks a lil
    and struts/springs

The pics:

The hood...

The swirl/scratches im hoping derek can fix for me:

Last but not least:

Ill be posting pics when we go work on it, should be a fun project and cant wait to get started!!!
    Dallas Spinler-95 Honda Civic EX, B18B1 swapped
    91 Acura Integra GS frost white-sold
    91 4 door EF LS/Vtec spinler built, lil bit of spray-sold
    91 acura integra J1 trans I/H/E-sold
    99 civic ex coupe high compression mini-me swap- RIP Nov. 18th 2008
    91 CRX base SOHC ZC swap non-vtec- sold
    "You dont build a honda to go fast or make money, you build a honda cuz its what u like, its your hobby...."

That's cool man. I always wanted to do a father/ son project. Unfortunately though, not only is my dad a Ford Fanboi, but he's turned into quite the douche in general. My 12 year old son shows a little interest now and then, but that mostly consists of naming muscle cars he sees on the road. My girls on the other hand actually hang out with me in the garage and "help", so maybe someday I'll get to pimp out a VW Beetle with a turbo and some pink Hello Kitty floor mats. Just what every dad wants.

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

Ben I have got the same thing. Older two could care less. The youngest is the one that wants to hang out in the garage while I work.

Sweet project. It should make building it more fun doing it with your dad.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Looks like a sweet project, enjoy it man! My dad and I did a ton of build projects together when I was Jr. Drag racing as well as getting the super comp/super gas dragster ready a few years back. Definitely a great way to spend time with your dad.
    03 Cobra - Built Aluminator, 2.9L Whipple, E85 - 10.33 @ 137.4

good luck dallas

Thx guys! Yea, were super excited to start tearin stuff apart, but for the time being we wanna get it presentable/drive-able cuz my dad wants to drive it to and from work to save gas as hes driving a turbo PT and a 4.0L jeep cherokee...... So this is what i did today while he was at work:

Before:

And after 3.5hrs:

Flash on:

Flash off:

After i got all this done i put the front end on jack stands, and have just ordered the following:
    New front lower control arms
    New inner and outter tie rod ends
    New ebay springs, (just to get us by for now, save the lecture lol)
    New lower ball joints
    Warrenty exchange axels from autozone

Once we get all these parts in, ill be taking lots of pics when we go to install them, and even a video to show how bad the control arms are. Keep the comments coming!!!
    "You dont build a honda to go fast or make money, you build a honda cuz its what u like, its your hobby...."

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    Nice Fast and Furious edition eg. That's already a b series in that, right?
    05 2500 Max & Al
    83 Mary Kay Coupe DeVille - Just fresh
    96 civic hatch

Sinner

Correct, its got an LS in it right now.... Its also got a chipped ECU from phereable.net. But the LS will be coming out sooner or later.

When you had the interior that apart, I always take the carpet to the car wash and pressure wash it real good. Its amazing how well that works.

Dont forget, green underglow is a must, and excessive shifting. Friends and I joked about picking up a few of these for the premier of F&F 6. Would have been funny, except there was a riced out civic there who would have taken it very seriously.

So we ordered all this stuff, and now we just gotta find the time to put it all in. Also found out why it was leaking oil, the oil pressure gauge sending unit has a small stud on the top for a singe wire..... well the stud kinda worked itself loose and when i went to pull it off it kinda fell off, ill take some pics next time i go to the garage. So the next time we go there well be replacing the following: Lower control arms, upper control arms, lower ball joints, upper ball joints, inner tie rod ends, outter tie rod ends, springs, and the sending unit. Well then take it somewhere to get aligned, (suggestions wld be great).