Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo IX MR

Evo IX MR

Finally another fellow evo owner. What are you goals for the car and where are you located?

The setup is capable of easy 500whp but whats holding me back is the 6 speed trans. If your familiar with the MR trans its that they cramped 1 more gear in the same trans housing as the 5 speed. The first 3 gears crack after 400wtq

Im in waterloo

Why do people put the their exhaust out the hood?

Its just the wastegate. It will only be loud as hell hah.

Sweet car, love the exhaust manifold.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Evo seems to be the least common tuner car around here. I never see them with the 6spd. Cool build, the dump out the hood is weird, but its not mine haha.

I wanted something different done with the wastegate/dump tube, a lot of people run it back into the downpipe. With the electrical boost controller I can adjust when it opens, its at 17 psi now, and if youre thinking this thing is loud, its not until it opens! LOL

I ran open dump tube for a couple years, after I ran it back into the exhaust I really enjoyed the car more (just preference). I got to hear the exhaust note change out the back instead of just a loud "SCHHHHHHHHHHHHH." That and I like to hear the turbo.

After a couple of runs at the racetrack I might change my mind. 3 inch straight back sounds good too and like you said, hear the turbine sound

My car has an open dump under the car. I have not got around to running it into the exhaust. Its not bad for a while, but I also prefer to hear the turbo/engine instead of the exhaust rush.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4