Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MAM Fast Friday Spring Track Day

Wow, over 2hrs total seat time, that is a lot! Count me in for sure. I haven't raced this car yet, will have to take it easy at first.
    I have star specs and Pagid RS-14 pads, hopefully they hold up. I will also put in some new fluid before Spring, maybe some SS caliper pistons if I find the time or motivation.

That is a lot of seat time, I had 4 20 min sessions and that was a lot. I would think about bringing some back up pads just in case and I'm going to need a fuel tanker to be track side for me. I am currently working on getting new wheels and tires that should help me out for the track. I'm not sure if I can make this date but will make a FF for sure.

Last time we did FF it was like we owned the place. Got physically tired of driving/concentrating so had to come in. My old stroker motor made enough heat to keep the oil/coolant temps up thats for sure .I had to do cool down laps and run in 4th only from time to time (try that with a small engine ). Temp was in the mid 80's and a little muggy.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

As it will be early April, I'm hoping for a good 60-70 degree day. That is a sweet spot for keeping engines/brakes cool but warm enough to keep tires sticky and so we aren't all sweating balls all day.

I really wouldn't worry at all about track time. As was already stated, at times you will actually get tired of being out on track and have to come in for a break. The last time I went with a group from Dragsource, I took a break and sat in the stands just to watch everyone else drive for a bit. It also was fun to take turns riding in other cars and taking passengers out. You never know what you can learn from another driver or teach someone while out there.

If anyone has gas cans, wheels, or parts that they'd like to take let me know ahead of time. We will have room in the truck and trailer.

Every fast Friday I've been to its been an open track. They hung the green flag till lunch break then hung it again after lunch. On and off the track as much as you wanted. I'm going over with a group towards the end of april. I will try to get a date out of them. I would like to meet up with some of you guys when I go.

Its been several years since I've had my '66 coupe on the track. I need to bring it, but it's hard to do when I can drive my dads 2012 boss 302. lol
    '66 Mustang coupe (aka the slowstang)

Was going to update, I won't be able to make it now. I have a school that weekend, and the previous weekend. I am going to check the schedule and find exactly when I can hit up a track day for sure. I may try to get the car to the dyno before any track days as well, I don't want to find out the hard way that the tune may be off!

Well that's too bad. Would have been fun since I know you have experience on the track.

I'm still mostly on track with the spec miata for April 12th. We are heading to the dyno in a week or two and the suspension is almost done getting corner weighted and set up. Just need a couple more things done and she's ready.

The Rx7 just needs some new tires and springs installed. Once I get that done I can blow the cobwebs out of her.

We need to set this in stone so I can request time off

...and so Vito and Crown can finish messing with my car.

Well I'm definitely going sparkles. Whoever else shows up is welcome.

I may be able to make it actually, I'd just have to leave early.... The course is in Perry and doesn't start until 5pm that evening. I'm debating here, would still LOVER to make it happen either way...