Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a squirrel tryin to get a nut!

I think the Corvette Club runs the same direction to start each time, but not 100% on that. Either way, I'm going to hit a few "fast fridays" in the early spring to get some bugs worked out and make sure I get up to speed quickly with this car.

Slow ride, yep I know Chris! In fact I autocrossed with him before he got the FRC. He's pretty darn quick with the current car!

I really REALLY wish someone would put the time and effort into building a true turbo Corvette that will last around a track. I KNOW it can be done, and I want someone to prove it! I get extremely tired of reading threads over on Corvetteforum.com where someone is looking for help building a turbo car for the track, and the ENTIRE board bashes on the idea of using ANY KIND of forced induction. I realize that the LS motors make GREAT N/A power with very little tweaking, but DAMN at least try it!

Heat is the issue, and most track guys are into vented hoods, making the car a front breather, tilting the radiator forward, etc etc.

Oh well!

Tyler, This is my first diesel truck. I never thought I'd get into modding a diesel, and other stuff but WOW it's amazing to see what these trucks are capable of!

you share a name with one of the smoothest BMXer's of all time. welcome.

Tango 'til they're sore

You know, I ALMOST bought a Brian Foster edition BMX bike back when I was into that stuff... Think Middle-School, before I had a car. I think Mongoose made it, before they sold out and started selling bikes at Wal-mart.

I remember seeing him on the X-games like the first couple of years doing the bike air competition stuff on dirt.

With all this talk of a track day at MAM, we may have to put something together this spring. I know I will be heading over there with the Spec Miata for some testing so I could easily drive the Rx7 too for some all day fun. I know Sparkles and I had talked about it like two years ago but that's about as far as we got.

Foster - Didn't you use to do some Spec Miata racing a while back?

I've tried to insulate a lot of the hot parts in my setup, but without trying it I can say how it will work out. I know a huge thing will be closing in the coolers so that airflow has no way around the IC/Rad, etc. If it needs a lot more air I suppose the tigershark front bumper and vented hood would do it. I've see a handfull of supercharged vettes make it work on the track, but it's rare like you say. I do believe e85 will play a big part also. Adding the weight is the real deal breaker, but I suppose with enough tire and brake it might work out.

Quote Originally Posted by bfoster50620 View Post
    I think the Corvette Club runs the same direction to start each time, but not 100% on that. Either way, I'm going to hit a few "fast fridays" in the early spring to get some bugs worked out and make sure I get up to speed quickly with this car.

Slow ride, yep I know Chris! In fact I autocrossed with him before he got the FRC. He's pretty darn quick with the current car!

I really REALLY wish someone would put the time and effort into building a true turbo Corvette that will last around a track. I KNOW it can be done, and I want someone to prove it! I get extremely tired of reading threads over on Corvetteforum.com where someone is looking for help building a turbo car for the track, and the ENTIRE board bashes on the idea of using ANY KIND of forced induction. I realize that the LS motors make GREAT N/A power with very little tweaking, but DAMN at least try it!

Heat is the issue, and most track guys are into vented hoods, making the car a front breather, tilting the radiator forward, etc etc.

Oh well!

Tyler, This is my first diesel truck. I never thought I'd get into modding a diesel, and other stuff but WOW it's amazing to see what these trucks are capable of!
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Quote Originally Posted by Stix37867 View Post
    With all this talk of a track day at MAM, we may have to put something together this spring. I know I will be heading over there with the Spec Miata for some testing so I could easily drive the Rx7 too for some all day fun. I know Sparkles and I had talked about it like two years ago but that's about as far as we got.

Set something up. I'll be going to a few of them.

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

Quote Originally Posted by bfoster50620 View Post
    You know, I ALMOST bought a Brian Foster edition BMX bike back when I was into that stuff... Think Middle-School, before I had a car. I think Mongoose made it, before they sold out and started selling bikes at Wal-mart.

I remember seeing him on the X-games like the first couple of years doing the bike air competition stuff on dirt.
    probably Schwinn before they sold out and started selling bikes at Wal-Mart too. i met Brian Foster a few times going to national races- he was a super nice guy. more than willing to take pics with and talk to 13 year olds who ask dumb questions.
    Tango 'til they're sore

Quote Originally Posted by Stix37867 View Post

Yeah, I used to race Spec Miata.... I can honestly say that it was a mistake and I went about it all wrong. I decided to impulse buy a BSI built car in Miami, FL. I thought for SURE I was getting a good car. Nope. I bought a car with a TIRED engine, and by that, I mean WAYYYYYY TIRED. At Gateway, I would get a good run on another Miata out of the infield, and by the time we would get to the start/finish line, the other car would have 20+ car lengths on me. I'd gain it all back on the infield section, and lose it all on the NASCAR part of the track. I really screwed myself by purchasing that car, and now that I've spent this much time in horsepower cars, I'd never go back. I'd think about T1 racing if it was affordable, but frankly T1 is ridiculous now-a-days. NASA ST-2 or ST-1 looks like a blast, but I don't feel like hacking up my car. I might try TT but without a dry-sump in my car, I'm afraid that I'll wind up popping this $30k motor in a hurry.

Either way, I'm down with some spring track day action, I'll start looking at some dates and maybe we'll have to roll in to Omaha with a mob of foos!

MAM just released the Fast Friday schedule. We will have to get a date setup for that. I know a few guys from Des Moines area that would like to go.
    Family car racing.