Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a squirrel tryin to get a nut!

Quote Originally Posted by Phish View Post
    ^ I actually just used that quote on facebook a few hours ago. Its funny how many sayings people use now-a-days and they have no clue that they have an inside meaning or some back story to them.
    I use it all the time. I know what you mean.

Brian, what are you doing then? You quit being a cop to become a male nude dancer?

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

It's a Lingenfelter 427 motor, built from a Dart block, but pretty much everything that Lingenfelter did all motor was put into this one. In fact, at the time this particular motor was built, it was their "highest NA LS-powered motor." What's funny about it, is that the motor actually chassis dynoed higher than it chassis dynoed when Lingenfelter put a maggie supercharger on the original LS6. When it all comes down to it, the motor chassis-dynoed at 505rwhp/487rwtq I believe. I may update the heads to LS7 heads for a bit more power as they flow even better than the heads that are currently on it.

It's running with 3.90 gears, which is not exactly ideal with the broad torque curve that this car has. My last Z06 was fairly stock (I/H/E) with 4.10 gears which were PERFECT for that amount of power. I've already found that even with the 335 tires on the rear of this car, I can't get a lot of traction in 1st and 2nd gears, and a bit of third. This car won't be the greatest low-speed autocross car, but the high speed stuff should do well.

Anyone who is interested in racing with our Corvette Club is definitely welcome... Our local Iowa club hosts a great event at the Chariton Airport over the Memorial Day weekend. It starts with a car show on the square (sorry, Corvettes only for the show) but then Sunday and Monday are spent at the airport with "low speed" autocrosses... The "low speed" part is laughable! It's truly a blast, I'm sure you may find some youtube videos of the events. By all means, send me a PM or two, and we'll get a group together to hit up a few track days and what not!

Hahaha, racing for "upwards of $5.00." I may have to find the guy in the boosted Ranger and bring him back on this forum... Those really WERE the days!

I just accepted a position as the SRO for our department, so I will spend most of my time in the schools in our district. Which means that I have nights AND weekends off most of the year! I will still work patrol during the summer, but it MAY be on dayshift. We'll see what happens. But the dancer part could have its benefits...

I was wondering what was going on with DS lately. It seemed like there would be ONE new post every month or two. Really sad man, especially when you think of what the site, and what the car scene in the area USED to be.

Do you guys do any track days a MAM? Also next time you see Schuler kick him in the nuts for me.
    Family car racing.

The Cornhusker Corvette Club hosts an event every year at MAM over Labor Day weekend which is a blast to attend. Here's a video of my quickest run in my last '02 Z06 with a few screw-ups that prevented me from taking the records that I was trying for. I still smashed my old record for that class, but I want the overall win! I'd REALLY love to find out what kind of lap time that could've been if we had a warm-up lap and a TRUE flying start.

Next time you talk to Schuler, tell him congratulations on his upcoming engagement... That is SURE to get a rise out of him!

Looks like you were getting after it to me. We did a fast Friday out at MAM a couple years ago. Not sure if the turbo setup would work the best, but if I find a trailer I just might try it
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Turbos may work for a couple laps in our "bottom feeding" cars, but after about two or three laps, they'll overheat. A turbo car would definitely set a few fast "flying" laps though!

Do they always start you that way? I did a event for SCCA last year at MAM and it was a blast although we had other cars on the track with us. What kind of times do you normally put down? I'll have to remember to look at the schedule for MAM to see if I can make it over there.

I think he is just calling Whitneys bluff. Pretty soon she will leave him if it doesn't happen.
    Family car racing.

No doubt, more of a time attack than a hot lapper. My car gets hot (~300f oil and 220 coolant) and it was only about 80-85 outside that day. That was at 501hp/453tq and stock cooling parts with no oil cooler. I plan to close in all the radiator support areas around the intercooler to force all the front and under car air through the coolers. I added a oil cooler behind the Dewitts radiator also. All that stuff and running e85 might help quite a bit, but you can always turn the boost down or vent the hood. I know it will need a lot of tire and brake to keep it on the track though, but still adding the weight of the turbo componets doesn't do good things to handling

You might know my friend Chris (black FRC, black z06 18's all aruond w/hoosiers) I know he does the airport thing a lot and Newton autox some I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bfoster50620 View Post
    Turbos may work for a couple laps in our "bottom feeding" cars, but after about two or three laps, they'll overheat. A turbo car would definitely set a few fast "flying" laps though!
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    you can always turn the boost down
    That is logical and makes less power(possibly more useful power) so why would that even be an option, lol.

To the OP your car is awesome but I love your truck, I'm more of a truck guy if you can't tell.

2006 Trailblazer LT 4x4-stock
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon-5100s, H&R 1" spring, sway disconnects, 245 STTs
    1988 Regular Cab Short Box 4x4-dont even know where to begin<-giant shitbag of a truck