Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a squirrel tryin to get a nut!

Just a squirrel tryin to get a nut!

Howdy,

Many of you may know me as "whiteshadow" from the other boards, but as i've grown older I have realized that I probably don't need a superhero name. Even though it's really cool. And I still occasionally call myself the great white shadow. Because I think it's cool.

I'm Brian Foster, I live in Newton, own a yellow Z06 and a big black truck. I actively participate in Corvette Club events, and have for over 10 years. I used to do a lot of SCCA events, but have found over the years that if you aren't driving a sport compact car, you will have a hard time enjoying yourself on the tight courses they put on. (Nothing against the local SCCA region, it's really flourished the last few years, and was really fun when I first started autocrossing Hondas). This is why racing with the local Corvette clubs is a blast.

I have owned many different types of vehicles over the years, and have gone through a boat load of good and bad personal experiences. I work in a very interesting profession, and recently took a new assignment that will free up most weekends for me so I plan on trying to make a few more get-togethers.

Here are a few pictures of the setup, I'll get a few pictures of my trailer when I get the damn thing cleaned after bringing the old man's Corvette back from Arizona.

103.jpg
    107.jpg
    117.jpg
    brakes 002.jpg
    2091.jpg
    2139.jpg

Anyways, hello to everyone.

-Brian F.

i seriously like c5 vettes better than c6s...nice car and welcome! I had a car named the Great White Buffalo once.
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan

welcome, whats all done to the motor?

Glad to see you made your way over to IAF. Its been awhile since i have seen you around. I believe the last time is aw you was with Tad and I at Hooters ... and Hardees i think a few years back. Either way you had your black Vette then i beleive....

I hear the Corvette club gets to do some really fun track day events.
    1989 Mustang 408W TT Built by me. Sippin Corn cocktails. 721hp 765TQ on 10lbs

2004 Subaru Forester XT 5spd

1979 Yamaha XS 1100, 70's goodness.

You'll always be Whiteshadow in my heart...

Car looks killer man. I bet it is an absolute blast on the track.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

Does the corvette club do mostly track days? I know the put on a autox last year at the ankeny airport which would of been fun. Is anyone welcome to race with you guys?

Brian glad to see you made it over. DS is a bit dead these days. Now you just need to score yourself a race for upwards of five dollars.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

^ I actually just used that quote on facebook a few hours ago. Its funny how many sayings people use now-a-days and they have no clue that they have an inside meaning or some back story to them.

Great quote from long ago.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4