Thread: Just a squirrel tryin to get a nut!

Hybrid View

welcome, whats all done to the motor?

It's a Lingenfelter 427 motor, built from a Dart block, but pretty much everything that Lingenfelter did all motor was put into this one. In fact, at the time this particular motor was built, it was their "highest NA LS-powered motor." What's funny about it, is that the motor actually chassis dynoed higher than it chassis dynoed when Lingenfelter put a maggie supercharger on the original LS6. When it all comes down to it, the motor chassis-dynoed at 505rwhp/487rwtq I believe. I may update the heads to LS7 heads for a bit more power as they flow even better than the heads that are currently on it.

It's running with 3.90 gears, which is not exactly ideal with the broad torque curve that this car has. My last Z06 was fairly stock (I/H/E) with 4.10 gears which were PERFECT for that amount of power. I've already found that even with the 335 tires on the rear of this car, I can't get a lot of traction in 1st and 2nd gears, and a bit of third. This car won't be the greatest low-speed autocross car, but the high speed stuff should do well.

Anyone who is interested in racing with our Corvette Club is definitely welcome... Our local Iowa club hosts a great event at the Chariton Airport over the Memorial Day weekend. It starts with a car show on the square (sorry, Corvettes only for the show) but then Sunday and Monday are spent at the airport with "low speed" autocrosses... The "low speed" part is laughable! It's truly a blast, I'm sure you may find some youtube videos of the events. By all means, send me a PM or two, and we'll get a group together to hit up a few track days and what not!