Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1g dsm ecu

Sleeping... shoot me a text tomorrow if you can. I checked the car out today and it's in pretty good shape. started and ran but not great so I figure its worth a try.

suppose to be picking this thing up in a few hours. If anyone has Trevors number and could see if he might have one, I'd appreciate it. I lost 90% of my contacts when I got my new phone.

Still not aposed to trying yours, "Sleeping", just need to find one pretty quick now.

Thanks!

N/M... I did have Trevors number and he doesn't have one...

auto/manual are the same if I remember right. Auto just has a TCU under the carpet. Could be aftermarket BOV, or ECU needs repaired.

check boost/vaccum leaks

i saw the ad and I thought he said it needed some 450cc injectors for the manual ECU? I don't know much about autos and their ECU's - but if so I do have an extra set of 450cc injectors.

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

well, the manual cars run 450cc injectors and the autos run 390cc injectors. the car is an auto (390cc) but the ECU is a manual (450cc) so he was saying that is the problem. I doubt that is actually 100% the issue. here are a couple things I have found thus far...

Greddy BOV is actually installed, WITH the recirculation fitting but it is vented to atmosphere. the stock BOV is still clamped to the factory recirculation pipe coming from the intake and it's just bouncing around under the hood.

He just had a Walbro 255 installed. the fual level gauge does NOT work and there is gas leaking from the back area. I noticed it when I turned right, into a parking spot. it was a pretty noticeable amount of gas, pretty decent trail for 10ft+ and a basketball sized puddle after sitting in the spot for about 20-30 seconds.

The vacuum/boost gauge is not working.

Wiring for the Turbo Timer is done but the turbo timer itself was just sitting on the floor board, not hooked up. Going to double check the wiring before I hook it up!

then I just have to de-rice it a bit. Has some interior parts painted white, some exterior stuff is painted with that color shifting paint shit... Shouldn't be TOO much of a pita to get her all fixed up.

here she is
    Attached Images Attached Images

if the ecu thinks it has 450's but actually has 390's then it will run about 15% lean . you might notice that during idle and cruise. at wot those cars are really rich so 15% leaned out the car would probably run pretty hard and feel good, could be lean enough to start getting some knock but it definitely wouldn't stumble from being lean at wot. 255 fuel pump with a stock fpr is probably being overran making it richer at idle and cruise, stock fpr can probably stay caught up at wot .

sounds like you got quite a few hacks to fix

yeah, I'm glad its as stock as it is, should make it easier to sort it out! the painted interior and stuff bugs me more than anything! bright ass white "accents", god awful UGLY!! not too bad at all compared to some of the disasters I have unknowingly walked into.

I can't find any dang numbers on the ECU that is in the car. it just has "Python Fuel Injection" warranty guard stickers on it. IDK, shits WEEEAAAK!!!