Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Next project: FC RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Phish View Post
    How the hell are people getting into the 10s with just a nitrous shot and some bolt ons. Thats pretty crazy
    with good intake and exhaust, stock cam and a good 60 foot a swapped fc rx7 can crack the 11's with an all stock NA ls1. I remember Jesse from quad cities "norotor" did that with his fc t56 stock ls1. So I can see a cam and some nitrous hitting tens. 2800 pounds can do that. Phish, you going to run your auto in the shootout? we need some more autos to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportEvolution View Post
    with good intake and exhaust, stock cam and a good 60 foot a swapped fc rx7 can crack the 11's with an all stock NA ls1. I remember Jesse from quad cities "norotor" did that with his fc t56 stock ls1. So I can see a cam and some nitrous hitting tens. 2800 pounds can do that. Phish, you going to run your auto in the shootout? we need some more autos to enter.
    So, an FC with 300whp can do 11's...A sprayed FC will do 10's. Ryan, I think you've gone about this all wrong! Take that turbo off its slowing you down!

First time at the track witl a 1.9 60ft i ran a 8.42 at 84 mph. 8th obviously. But now getting to knwo the car i feel confident i could do a 8.2x atleast.

Now thats a FC with a 5.3 not a 5.7. but it has ls intake and exhaust manifolds, tubo 350 trans, 04z06 cam and valve train to allow thait, and some other little things. Obvioulsy i have not ran the 1.4 yet, but i dont htink i could bust into the 11s lol. I think a mid twelve woudl be asking alot.

The car put down 290 whp and 280 tq btw.

I may run the shootout, depends on cash monies. but i will most likely be in. Do we HAVE to pre register?

Wow, so many typos and errors in that post.

First time at the track witl a 1.9 60ft i ran a 8.42 at 84 mph. 8th obviously. But now getting to knwo the car i feel confident i could do a 8.2x atleast.

Now thats a FC with a 5.3 not a 5.7. but it has ls intake and exhaust manifolds, tubo 350 trans, 04z06 cam and valve train to allow thait, and some other little things. Obvioulsy i have not ran the 1.4 yet, but i dont htink i could bust into the 11s lol. I think a mid twelve woudl be asking alot.

The car put down 290 whp and 280 tq btw.

I may run the shootout, depends on cash monies. but i will most likely be in. Do we HAVE to pre register?
    Yes, you have to preregister, its only $25. So your time is around 13.2 quarter mile, get a 1.7 60 foot and that would be high 12's . Not sure, maybe the auto (at that power level) and slightly smaller motor hurt a bit. You have an iron motor right ? so that's a bit heavier. Is it tuned? Also high 11's is the exception, not the norm. Mid to low 12's is probably the norm for a ls1 rx7 fc.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifte View Post
    So, an FC with 300whp can do 11's...A sprayed FC will do 10's. Ryan, I think you've gone about this all wrong! Take that turbo off its slowing you down!
    nitrous is a lot easier and cheaper, had it on the rx7 for a season but after a couple bottle refills I was already planning out my turbo project.

Yeah , i am sure i can cut a 1.7 for the 60ft. Now knowing the car a little more and actually airing down the 555r's would let me laujch off the stall. I am confident i can run a mid 12 as the ar sits. Would be more then happy with a nitrous shot getting me into the 11's. However, i hear that the 5.3l motors dont like the bottle to much. Around 100 shot is all i would put through it i believe.

Yeah , i am sure i can cut a 1.7 for the 60ft. Now knowing the car a little more and actually airing down the 555r's would let me laujch off the stall. I am confident i can run a mid 12 as the ar sits. Would be more then happy with a nitrous shot getting me into the 11's. However, i hear that the 5.3l motors dont like the bottle to much. Around 100 shot is all i would put through it i believe.
    Did you get a new RX with a V8?
    Brett
    '08 Dodge Caliber SRT4--Diablosport tune, MPx muffler, K&N drop in, Custom downpipe, Custom torque bars, Bwoody check valve, TurboXS 50 mm RFL Type H BOV. Running 19 psi.
    '67 Checker Marathon A-12E--283 V8, Powerglide (Classy ass cruiser)

Yeah i sold the rx8 a few months back. I ended up picking up an 86 with a 5.3l and a few other little goodies on it. Its a way fun car and is suprisingly quick. I had no idea it will run as quick as it does. Impressed so far and still have not drivin it to its potential yet.

Sorry for not pics. I have been crazy busy at work, so no progress or pictures yet. Hopefully this weekend I can get a 12 pack and some free time.