Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Next project: FC RX7

Next project: FC RX7

I wanted something to beat to holy hell, something that people could door ding without me giving a rats ass, something I can drive in the rain and not worry about water spots, something that handles, and something that is light. No matter what car I got it was going to be mostly gutted of everything and stripped to the bare essentials, while maintaining such things as windshield wipers, headlights, turn signals, and possibly radio.

I saw an RX7 for sale and it had most of the gutting and stuff done to it which saved me most of that work. Since it was mostly gutted that allowed me to do a nice close rust inspection and it is really clean, underside included. Best of all it was cheap.

Purchased the car and noticed on the way home it was running pig rich and was absolutely gutless(Yes I know it is a rotary). It is quite amazing how much redneck engineering can go into one little Japanese car. I started tearing things apart once it got home and found about a dozen vacuum leaks including the one for the fpr. Half the grounds were not hooked up or were to small. There was stuff zip tied everywhere when there was logical places that it could have been mounted and looked clean. Fart cannons were cut off almost right away, so anyone who wants a couple is more than welcome to shoot me an offer. I did not take any pictures yet, I will start taking some once I get the car to a point that I am not embarrassed to say it is mine.

This winter the rotary is going to be gone, and in its place will be either a LS1/T56 combo if I can find a decent donor, or a 351/T5 combo. Whichever I go with will eventually get boost after it all gets sorted.

yea i'd like to see some pics. my car was was a hack job too, damn kids and their rx7's

Nice! An interesting choice for sure!
    Brett
    '08 Dodge Caliber SRT4--Diablosport tune, MPx muffler, K&N drop in, Custom downpipe, Custom torque bars, Bwoody check valve, TurboXS 50 mm RFL Type H BOV. Running 19 psi.
    '67 Checker Marathon A-12E--283 V8, Powerglide (Classy ass cruiser)

Im excited to see the pics before you started fixing it.

Celica passed me on the way to work, and it turned and hit the gas and BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. I thought the world was gonna end, curious what a (im assuming n/a) n/a rotary screams like with fart cans.

I can snap some pictures tonight after work. It is obnoxiously loud, louder than my vert was with SLP exhaust. My brother was following me so I would not get pulled over on the way to my house. He called me during the trip to inform me he was getting a headache from the annoying loud ass sound and smell emitting from the car, lol.

NA rotary sounds terrible with an exhaust. By far my least favorite sounding car.

Next to a specific 80's corolla that had straight pipes. That one was forsure worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesabond View Post
    Nissan 240SX is a very superb car. It is a fastest car of Nissan. It looks very decent than any other cars and of Nissan also. It looks very attractive in Red color. It is very expensive car as it is a sports car of Nissan. It's maintenance is also high.

Yea it is N/A. Has the Turbo 2 hood, suspension, and 5 lug as far as I can tell at this point. Have not dove to much more into it to see if anything else was swapped.

does it actually have the turbo 2 rear end or just 5 lug? i think some models had 5 lug but not the stronger tii rear. A gutted car would be so much nicer to work on.

I still want to find an FB to play with.
    Brett
    '08 Dodge Caliber SRT4--Diablosport tune, MPx muffler, K&N drop in, Custom downpipe, Custom torque bars, Bwoody check valve, TurboXS 50 mm RFL Type H BOV. Running 19 psi.
    '67 Checker Marathon A-12E--283 V8, Powerglide (Classy ass cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by 85XR7Project View Post
    I still want to find an FB to play with.
    the fastest swapped rx7 is an fb with a small block ford. perfect for you

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=2448.0