Thread: For sale: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

For sale: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Posting this up forsale, I will get pictures tonight. Im looking to sell it fast as I have a bike I want to pick up.

KBB fair condition: $3,605
    Asking: $2,750.

I'll be sure there are no surprises for the owner as this car is not perfect. It runs great though.

It's a 2001 GTP:

Starts and runs greats. AC is ice cold. It has Bose sound system, heated seat, cd player, power sun roof, power seats, leather interior. Everything works great. It's super charged and these cars are decently quick. If I remember right it ran a 14.00, my parents took it to the drag strip once probably 3 years after we bought it.

My parents bought this car new from the dealership. I got this car a little over a year ago and everything all the problems the car has came with the car and have not effected its driveability. Here is everything thats wrong with the car.

ABS and traction control light are on. Im told this is a common problem with the grand prixs. Since I dont really need either I havent bothered fixing it.
    Has a small coolant leak, I add coolant every 2-3 months.
    Rear bumper was tapped a few years back and cracked, its not major. Driver side door trim and GTP badge have fallen off ( I still have the door trim in the trunk, just haven't re attached it).
    Nuetral switch is jumpy, so sometimes you have to play with it to get the key out.
    Just recently the driver side axel has begun clicking, that will need replaced eventually.

The car has about 140k miles. I mainly used this to drive to events that I wasn't drifting at cause the cars always been the most reliable of all my friends cars. Now I'm driving all the events and pull my car up with a durango. I'd like to sell this and get a bike for commuting to work.

I'll get pictures up later tonight. Any questions let me know. Spread the word, I am looking to sell it soon.

319-350-2720 Text or Call. My names Chase.

2/4 door? color? Any mods? Any idea where the coolant is leaking at? Ever had the valve cover gaskets replaced?
    2000 Trans Am: 160* thermo msd wires bmr driveshaft loop. high 13s in late 2013!

Nuetral switch is jumpy, so sometimes you have to play with it to get the key out.

when that happens there is a button in the steering colum u can barely reach, press that and the keys come right out, iirc you have to tilt the steering wheel up to be able to reach it
    2000 Trans Am: 160* thermo msd wires bmr driveshaft loop. high 13s in late 2013!

4 door. Red. Never modified.

I was actually looking for the leak last night and noticed the valvecover appears to be leaking oil, unless its just slow seepage from the last 12 years. I've never taken the plastic off until the other night.

I didn't get pictures taken yet, I'll do that tonight.

If anyone form IAF is considering it, I am flexible on the price. Like I said the car run's great but it'll need a little effort to be tip top.