Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acquired an Injector Flow bench

Acquired an Injector Flow bench

Been looking for a good deal on one of these for a while now. Finally got one and its been pretty interesting playing around with it. Mainly going to use it to flow match injector sets we sell. Will be nice to use it to clean the e85 out of the rx7's injectors for winter storage too.

Threw a set of used injectors Dustin got on ebay onto the flow bench. One had slightly weird spray pattern and some dripping so here it is being ultrasonically cleaned.

9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

I've had time to flow test 3 styles of injectors so far . Surprisingly they don't match very well from the factory. I thought they would be within 3 % from the factory. I've even seen other sellers claim they are great and within 1% straight from the manufacturer and don't need matching. These vendors must not have a flow bench.

Siemens Deka 80lb tall injectors , dynamically flow tested 40 injectors, variance was above the average mark 5% and below the average mark 5% . Leaving you with a possible 10% difference if you got a lower flowing one and one higher flowing one!!!!
    Siemens Deka 60lb pico injectors, same result as above
    Siemens Deka 60lb tall injectors, these had a bit tighter tolerances on the 32 I tested. But still + and - 4% from the average mark. Very possible to get a set with 8% variance!

8 to 10 percent is not acceptable in my opinion for performance cars. So I'd recommend matching sets for anyone who wants to get the most out of their tune.

I will test some bosch injectors soon.
    Last edited by AutoMods; 07-10-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Have you had time to test any of the 42lb Bosch ones I bought from you? I may bring mine up to you to have you clean them out before winter storage time comes.

Ponies trot...Birds fly
    I am a true connoisseur of large posteriors and I have a disposition that makes me unable to tell inaccurate things

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    Have you had time to test any of the 42lb Bosch ones I bought from you? I may bring mine up to you to have you clean them out before winter storage time comes.
    Not yet but we sell a lot of those bosch 42lb'ers so they will be tested soon. I'm guessing bosch will have tighter tolerances but that's just a guess, also a smaller injector is probably easier to keep precise.

I was kind of worried about this when I bought mine. For the shear fact you did not have a flow bench.

What would be the cost to have 4 run through to get an idea of where they are sitting?

Are you going to group them in tighter groups and keep track of each, etc? I'll take a fatty for number 7 please
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    I was kind of worried about this when I bought mine. For the shear fact you did not have a flow bench.

What would be the cost to have 4 run through to get an idea of where they are sitting?
    Well if it makes you feel better, most people don't buy flow matched and they don't blow their cars up. And most shops don't own flow benches. I still offer standard sets unchecked and charge extra for flow matched sets.

do you run e85? if so I can clean them for you during the winter and check the flow.
    Last edited by AutoMods; 07-11-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    Are you going to group them in tighter groups and keep track of each, etc? I'll take a fatty for number 7 please
    yea i group them but only give those out to people who pay extra. its fairly time consuming to load them, flow and match them. also takes more inventory to be able to group them.

yea i actually did do that, I put some richer injectors in my ls1 cylinder 7 and 8

Hah yes, not to worried. I am sure the neon would not notice one way or another.

Yes, running e80(err..e70). However I will get in touch with you in the fall to get them out to you to check and clean them for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportEvolution View Post
    Well if it makes you feel better, most people don't buy flow matched and they don't blow their cars up. And most shops don't own flow benches. I still offer standard sets unchecked and charge extra for flow matched sets.

do you run e85? if so I can clean them for you during the winter and check the flow.

Very nice purchase Ryan...
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Winner!
    SOLD!!! 99 Z28 aka "Blackie"
    SOLD!!! FASTEST H/C LS1 IN IOWA!
    JUST A PUMP GAS LS1...
    "EddyB and Son and Daughter Racing"
    New Azz Draggin Grudge Car comming soon!!!
    Comming in "2014" Bimini Blue POS LSX powered notch.
    93 Bimini LSX notch.....aka "BeaterEater"