Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wear saftey glasses guys

Wear saftey glasses guys

Well I was edging my driveway today with my weedeater/edger and had a chunk of string hit my eye and nick the edge of my cornea. I'll get a pic or 2 tonight when I change my patch. I have an apointment tomorrow for a follow up, so far it looks like I won't have any vision loss. I'm hoping for the good news tomorrow, wish me luck.

Jeez dude, I was just doing the same. Hope it all comes out okay.

Bet that hurt quite a bit.

Didn't hurt to bad until about 6:30, happened a little before 4, at first it was like when you touch your eye when you wipe the sleep out. At about 6:15 it started to hurt then by 6:30 it hurt to walk because of the headache.

X2... I learned this lesson about two years ago. Watching a doctor "fillet" your eye on a screen to get a piece of rusted DOVE cylinder head out will change your life. LOL pretty cool thing to see though!

IAF Team Member
    After getting spayed in the face by a busted fuel line I now wear safety glasses for everything lol.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

Just got home from the doctor and everything is ok. I just need to continue using my creme for it. No vision loss.

they say your eye is the fastest healing part of your body. i've had to get metal slivers ground out of my eye TWICE. i wear safety glasses now. glad to hear you're ok.

My 5 year old daughter had got a piece of metal on her cornea somehow a few weeks back. She went to the doctor to have it looked at. Was told to go see an eye doctor the next day. The eye doctor couldn't get it out due to, get this, a 5 year old doesn't like to have things shoved in her eye to scrape it out. Weird, I know. So they set an appt. for 2 days after that at the hospital where they could sedate her. By then, it had been 5 days since it had gotten in her eye. Just enough time for it to rust into it. One of the absolute worst things that I've had to experience with any of my kids the last 11 years is help hold down my baby girl with 6 other nurses in the room and listen to her screams for help as some dull witted old woman is scrapping my kids eye with essentially a needle. I rarely cry, but that day had me going pretty good.