Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 03 Civic AC not working

Any updates? It's been hot as crap outside.

just got a multimeter to check the power to different switches and shit. Haven't felt like being outside in this shit to do anything about it though. I'm beginning to think its one of the pressure switches, but I can't figure out how to test the pressure in the system.

So, I jumped the relay for the compressor. It clicked on and started blowing cold air. After a minute something sounded like it released a lot of pressure.
    I have cross tested relays that work with the relay for the compressor, and it wont come on.

List of whats going on

1. Compressor wont engage
    2. Relays are good, jumping it will start compressor.
    3. System is full on refrigerant.
    4. 2 plugs for relay receive 12v, plug for compressor receives 12v

Does anyone have the tools to test the pressure on the system? I can't figure out how to do it nor do I have the gauges for it.

Sounds like you set the pop off valve off. When you jumped the a/c relay was the cooling fan running?

I just read about the pressure release valve. And it does seem like I set that off. And the fan was running when I jumped it I believe.

Check the No. 1 (20 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and the No. 14 (10 A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box

If the fuses are good do this.

The heater control panel has a self-diagnostic function. To run the self-diagnostic function, do the following:

Turn the fan switch OFF.

Press the recirculation control switch and the rear window defogger switch.

While holding the both switches down, turn the ignition switch ON (II), then release the both switches. The recirculation indicator and the rear window defogger indicator come on. The recirculation indicator goes off 2 seconds later and the A/C indicator comes on (if so equipped), then the self-diagnostic will begin. About 10 seconds later, the self-diagnostic will finish and the A/C indicator goes off.

If any trouble is found, the recirculation indicator blinks the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) to indicate a faulty circuit or component.

If the system is OK, the recirculation indicator stays off.

both fuses are good.

I believe I've narrowed it down to the thermoswitch. I've been reading more forums with people with the same problems and its all been that switch. I'm going to test pressures once more to make sure they are correct, and if they are I am going to replace the switch. Sounds like an easy enough fix.