Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some contacts

need some contacts

I remember it seemed like there was a person for everything on here at one point. My mom bought a daycare and we need a few things done so I figured I would throw it out here and try to give some IAF'ers business before we go to the "big guys".

We need a graphic designer of some sort to do the logo, we have a "rough sketch" of the logo she wants, just need it to be pretty and a computer file of some sort that we can give to the vinyl guy, t-shirt guy and whoever else will need it.

We need someone who can make t-shirts and sweatshirts with the logo.

We need someone who can do vinyl. Well, I can actually DO the vinyl "install" I just need someone who can cut out the words/logos and all that good stuff

Lastly, we need a camera system installed. Nothing super crazy (i dont think), we'll need 6-8 cameras (wide angle) installed, 4 indoors and 2-4 outdoors. She wants it setup so she can get online and view everything from wherever she is at.

SO, I know there was a vinyl guy on here and I know there was a t-shirt guy on here and I know there is more than one graphic designer so... Get in touch with me and let's see if we can get something figured out. Whether it is you or if you know someone good, just get in touch with me asap. She wants to be completely up and running by August 1st so.

Thanks guys!!

for cameras you may want to talk to sandman to see if his neighbor stills has them.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

logitech alert system is good , hd and easy to setup yourself, view samples on youtube. its frame rate isn't the best but comparable to other non-commercial systems. it runs/stores to a computer instead of dvr . so you check it and view it with smart phones/ laptops, ipad's , computers instead of with a dvr/television. but since its computer based it has great native remote login support whereas some other systems are finicky to setup remote login. max 6 cameras i think.

Its cameras are a bit pricey at around $250 each.

Price isn't a super huge concern, we saved a lot of money by me doing a bunch of stuff they were planning to pay contractors thousands to do. I was hoping to find people that would be willing to do the stuff so I don't have to. LOL Even if its just someone who has installed the stuff once or twice before, as long as they have an idea as to what they are doing.

Not a bad price at all for the whole Logitech setup! 4 indoor cameras with night vision, 2 outdoors with night vision, mobile access etc... only $1600!! My only concern is we are not all that computer savvy and would rather have someone to call and say "come fix it" than try to deal with it ourselves.

Funny thing is I just realized this is something we do at work, never even came to my mind. Probably because I know what we charge for it but... haha
    Last edited by sLoWnStEaDy; 06-23-2012 at 06:56 PM.

just listen to me... Go talk to Harold and try not to piss him off.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

the logitech system is very easy . if you know how to plug stuff into the wall socket and know how to hit the ok button on the computer than you can install it. it uses the electrical house wiring to transmit data so some old houses it won't work on. test it on one or two cameras first.

OK, got the camera system taken care of... What about all the other stuff guys?

Main thing right now is a graphic designer to get the logo done so she can start ordering business cards, signs, clothes, start her advertisements in the paper, all that good stuff. Like I said, we have a rough sketch, just need someone to make it pretty and what not. LMK whats up, I can show you the rough sketch and you can give me an estimate or something, IDK how the hell it works. LOL

She had one place work on it already but they just sucked HORRIBLY and came up with some ridiculous stuff. That's when she drew one herself and she likes it so... c'mon guys! Trying to "buy locally", LOL...

I've been studying art/some computer design and also roomed with 3 graphic designers. If you send it over to me I can take a look at it and talk with my roommates and see what we think about it. We could do basically anything you want with the logo and get it prepared for printing/stickers/etc

Thanks, I sent it Coltons way last night so I think that will be taken care of. I'll let you know though.