Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EW

Hybrid View

If its an original GT its an 8.8. 2.73s or optional 3.08 iirc

Always have wanted one, specifically because I have a inner mullet and the t-tops win me over.

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    It is a 5 speed. Probably just do a few cheap things here and there. Subframe connectors, gears, eventually headers. Down the line maybe a more stout engine but for now it runs, looks good, and is fun which is all I really need right now. I'd like to try auto cross in it.

Love the 4 eyes. Had an 86 vert and a 96 GT after my first Formula. Went back to the F bodys. Don't worry. Once all the squeaks, rattles, and getting dusted by stock Chevys gets under your skin enough, you'll come back

I love the idea of an LS swap but its doubtful. Squeeks is an understatement though. The hard suspension and bushings doesn't help, but wow. Only way to fix that is..... louder exhaust. Yes definitely louder exhaust.

I also love all the questionable strange noises coming from the t5. It drives great, shifts smooth, but it makes my old t56 seem refined. Makes me really want to drive a toploader or muncie car someday.
    Last edited by Domestic Disturbance; 05-30-2012 at 10:58 PM.

i absolutely love driving the muncie cars ... the shifter feel is like nothing else i have ever driven. its like you ripped the terminators arm off and used it as your shifter and linkage. shifts are more cachunk than click. good luck with the project
    "just like high school but our cars are faster now...except for me, I'm pretty sure the cavi would waste the yukon"

Gross

nice, appreciate the factory 8.8 rear end as I have a couple grand invested into the mount kit, driveshaft, etc to custom fit an 8.8 into my rx7. And that is just the DIY kit. lot of labor and welding required on top of that.

swap a cheap 5.3 liter aluminum ls motor like the l33 in there. or an iron ls block.