Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: trans am BUILD THREAD

Well progress update:
    Put the car together after had a slave cyclinder issue that's to sparkles helped fixed that. And also had a wiring issue which was pretty embarrassing when you have friends videotaping the first start up and nothing happens and you can't figure out what it is lol. I think I traced it down to a bad starter. Lucky my starter was a lifetime warranty so I have a new start just haven't put it on yet, to see if it starts.

I had that issue when I first went to start my mustang. Did not have anyone video taping though. I think my heart sank through the floor.

Turned out I missed a small ground wire and it fired right up.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Damn F-bodies, haha. A few years ago after a long winter I had a ground fall off around the transmission and you could see my power get drained away the more I got after it, sometimes to the point where it wouldn't shift. After hunting electrical demons for two weeks, I found it. I know thine pain, hopefully the starter fixes it.

That would be the first time I saw a starter do what it was doing. I could be wrong, but I think it's something else. I hope I'm wrong though.

Also another update replaced the starter fixed the issue. But now I found out I need a high torque mini starter due to my high compression engine and the stock starter not having the torque to rotate my engine fast enough to get it to fire over.

Get them damn wheels on! Should look killer

The factory LT1 starter should be enough to start that motor. i have 11.3:1 on my 406 and my friend has a 383 LT1 with 11.5:1 with the factory LT1 starter without any problems. both cars also have six speeds. unless you are running higher compression than that.

The LT1 starter is a high torque starter from the factory.

Well my heads are milled and I have the deck milled and I'm running just forged flat tops with 2 valve relief. I'm getting 12.5 volts to the starter when ignition is turned, the battery loaded tested great, and it starts to turn over then just after maybe one full cycle the motor stops and then the starter can't turn it then if you try again it does same thing rotates once and then nothing so... I figured my compression is to high the starter.. But the is brand new napa premium just got it new 2 weeks ago.