2 100.00%
  • Hoosier DRs

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ET Street Radials vs Hoosier DRs

ET Street Radials vs Hoosier DRs

I'm in desperate need of tires. I'm not happy with the life or traction of the NT05Rs I have on the car.

My options are:

315 ET Street Radials ... DOT stamped and street approved.

335 Hoosier DRs... DOT stamped... not "approved" for street use.

They are both the same price. I'm assuming the Hoosiers would hook better (and they are slightly wider) but the fact that they aren't a street tire makes me just a little nervous. I couldn't find a 17" ET street in a 335.

I'm probably buying a set this week.

Orrrr... suggest something else?

Unless your driving in the rain I wouldnt worry about the "approved" for street use part. I've driven arond with slicks many times without a problem. Better get what will hook the best or your gonna wish you did later

Both options will hook well, but I'd have said the same thing about your nt05r's.

I don't know that any of them will last more than a summer. Our car's power and power band will give any tires fits really.
    Casey
    '03 Mustang

2010 IAF Manual shootout CHAMP!
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Quickest Overall Competitor! (Just Barely..)

The MT's might be a bit stiffer and make corners without feeling too gushy . just a guess. I read something like the hoosiers have a non-standard radial belt design to finagle more traction
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

I say put some 15 or 16 inch wheels on the rear and get some tires with a actual sidewall to them, then you will be amazed!

Rob always liked his Hoosiers, but I still think you aren't going to pick up much without going to a smaller rim

Can you fit a taller tire? if you plan on dragging it at the track 6 speeds need the sidewall to cut good 60'fts. So go as big of a tire as possible. I have 26" and wish I could fit 28" or taller but not without adjusting the suspension every time I switch rims.

I think the wider Hoosiers will help more with the width. hows the suspension set up? do you have a nice aftermarket LSD in there? that should help a ton if they make a quife or equivalent

I could probably fit a taller tire in the rear. I'm almost positive a 15" rim wouldn't clear the brakes. 16"s would be close.

Rear diff is stock.... but its got all the IRS braces and shit you can buy.

I'll have to measure the clearance to see how tall of a tire I can fit.

Ah, screw it... I went with the Hoosiers. 335s will look badass on the car.

I'm gonna see if I can squeeze some 16" older Mustang wheels on the back. If they clear the brakes, I might pick up some legit slicks down the road.

people run 15s on the back of cobras all the time
    "just like high school but our cars are faster now...except for me, I'm pretty sure the cavi would waste the yukon"