Thread: Head Porting? GT40P

Head Porting? GT40P

I have a set of GT40P heads I would like to get ported. Anyone know anyone around here that is good at this? I really don't want to ship them off somewhere as that is gonna get pricey and these heads are cheap to begin with.

D and R
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

By the time you are done with them couldn't you have a nice set of used AFR's/TFS's, etc? Not sure of the aftermarket pricing on sbf stuff. Not going to get a lot of porting for less than $300-500. Then you still have stock valves, springs, etc.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

^ This!

Double this ^

By the time you port and clean them up they aren't worth the money most of the time, especially if you sell the GT40s. On top of that the Ps will limit your header options compared to most of the mild aftermarket heads.

Looks like if I mess with the intake side too much it would actually make them worse. So I am just going to leave them be. Maybe clean up the exhaust ports a little. Plan on milling them .020 or .030 to bump compression and call it a day. As far as headers go BBK or MAC longtubes fit fine as long as you use 90 deg plug wires on the 2 tubes that interfere.

Sounds like the best plan if you're going to stick with them. Get rid of the EGR bump on the exhaust side and you should be good, along with a set of springs

Yeah they already have upgraded Manly valves and upgraded springs and they have been cleaned up. Once I work the EGR bump out of the exhaust ports they should be fine.