Thread: Rant....whats up with craigslist sellers not responding?

Hybrid View

Rant....whats up with craigslist sellers not responding?

Whats up with craigslist sellers not responding? I'm trying to buy a vehicle and multiple people won't call me back or answer their phone over the course of the last several days. You guys experience this?

I don't know what the deal is, if its not for sale anymore just take the stuff off craigslist.

I prefer private owners but at least dealerships at least they answer the phone and are motivated to sell stuff. Seems like other people half the time are just semi-interested in selling their stuff or put stuff up for way too much money just because its free to list.
    Last edited by AutoMods; 04-04-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

In my experience, the majority of the people that call and ask questions are absolutely retarded.
    I get so sick of answering stupid questions.

"I saw your lifted Mud Truck on 38s... what kind of gas mileage does that get?"
    #1 question asked.

don't even fucking get me started on CL... I swear 99.9% of people that use that site are mentally fucking retarded! I have actually gotten calls on the International asking how good it runs and what kind of gas mileage it gets. within the first two sentences it says "no engine or transmission in the truck". I have called on a few motorcycles and people actually get pissed because they sold it a week ago or even a month ago. Here's an idea, take 30 fucking seconds out of your day and delete the damn ad!

I also hate (not just on CL but in general) when someone puts $1500 Or Best Offer and when you offer them $1400 they get all bent out of shape. I price stuff WAY above my bottom dollar so I can let people low ball me and still get what I want out of stuff. I get lucky once in a while, I want $1500, I will price it at $2200 and someone might offer me $1800 so I get more than I planned. Then you get the people who call and offer you a $200 POS in trade for a car you are asking $5k for. Or the clown that wants to make payments, "I'll give you $100 a month for your $2500 car." Of course the people who know everything about every car and will try to tell you its a death trap and pretty much worthless but then they bug you for days trying to make a deal.

Lets not leave out the people who are just SOOO desperately in need of a car to take their kids to school or their mom to the doctors so you sell them an Alero for $1500 and then see them selling it literally 3 days later at a car lot for $3500. Come to find out they own a dealership and this is apparently how they get all their cars. Not that I care, I would have taken $1200 for the car, I just get sick of all the BS from people. Lastly, the jackass that writes down the phone number from a CL ad and then calls like 3-4 months later asking about it when it sold like the 3rd day it was posted and the ad has been down for months.

/rant.... I could go on for hours

every s10 part I sell on craigslist I got a dude that cant type and talks in sentence fragments that responds.
    well I guess the camaro is staying good project for my kid.

I had a friend try to sell his jeep on cl and when a guy took it for a test drive he smashed a spark plug ground strap down and tried to tell my friend it had a blown motor.
    2001 Buick regal GS stock

1984 Chevy Camaro z28 I have a 350 bored 40 over, pro top lines 180's, rpm air gap, proform 750, Headman headers true duals v force muffler , Flat top pistons, comp cam xe274-h10, comp cams ultra pro mag 1.6 roller rockers, 700r4, Vigilante 3200 stall

2003 Avalanche stock

back in like '04, i was selling my 200sx on here (CR:U back then of course). Had a forum member show up to test drive it, told him it needed gas, h said he'd throw a couple bucks in it and go for a short drive. Got a call 5 minutes later, "car ran out of gas, itls on the shoulder, keys are in the ignition" and he hung up. Car was almost to highway 30 on Cst, i was livin in Ely at the time. Anyways...

i have a thing about that if you have a car that is mechanicly sound but the body is a little out there you think its worth $500. the main question i usually get is how many miles are on it and everything i got is older than 1990.

Dealing with this right now. Trying to get a hold of a guy with a motorcycle but he didn't post a phone number in the ad so I e-mailed them. No response in 2-3 days and they put up another posting just today. Perhaps if they would just reply it would be sold by now.