Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tailgate Rant!

Angry Tailgate Rant!

What is it with people in this fucking town wanting to ride someones ass all the time? It amazes me that they have no consideration for others safety. They don't back off at all! You move so they can go around because they are in a big hurry and after you move.... they barely speed up to go past! It seems as if you drive a sports car or muscle car it's a magnet for retarded drivers to tail gate you when your already going 5+ over! Let alone in an area where cops are known to sit and bust people speeding! I know I should just ignore the bastards but for fucks sake, you can't go out anywhere without someone wanting to tailgate you!!!
    Naturally Aspired vs Forced Induction:
    This is easy, its like a handjob vs a blowjob.
    The handjob you can give yourself so its cheap and easy.
    The blowjob might cost you more, but the end result is much better.

When I am driving my C6500 and people ride me, I slow down at least 5 mph. Since it has an engine brake, I also speed up and let off the gas which fires off the loud engine brake; if that doesn't let you know to get off my ass, then you're dumb as hell and deserve to be slamming the steering wheel with your hands as I do 10 under.
    Prowler Orange 2000 Civic SI

2000 Audi S4, imola yellow, Stage3, evoms intake, borla 3in cat-back, apr dp's, APR turbo kit, stg3 clutchmaster, fidanza flywheel, apr snub mount, awe tuning trans-stabilizer, pioneer headunit, boston speakers, viper alarm, OZ 18's, BFG KDW2's, APR Bi-pipe.....because we all have as much ownership of this car as Derek does.

I am very frustrated by people that tail gate. I have no problem brake checking or slowing down with the next lane for extended periods of time.

I once kept someone at 60 from Iowa City to the Swisher exit. I was holding 80 when he decided to get on my ass. He was sure to turn his dome light on when he flicked me off.

Im the same way. people who fuck around like that I go out of my way to piss off.
    People on the main street here where its 40mph will do 60-70 and fly up on me and ride my ass until they can lane change to get around me. So lots of times i'll just match speed with a driver in the next lane, even more fun if they're going 30mph or so.

My favorite thing was on my trip to Des Moines last august in my firebird and I was on I-80 and about 10 miles were shut to one lane and I had tons of cars in front of me and we were doing 50mph, this guy flies up on me at like 80 and rides my ass HORRIBLY. I swear he was inches from me. So as SOON as the other lane opens up he moves over right as I do to pass and honks at me even though I started moving first, I was only moving to pass the semi. I passed the semi at 70 and the guy rode my ass all the way. Then before I could lane change back the guy swerved hard around me and tried to pass me in the slow lane which is when I dropped it a couple gears and just kept blipping the throttle until he got to the next car up and I rode by their side for about 10 minutes until another car came up in the fast lane which I finally moved over.

Guy flipped me off driving by of course. I had a good laugh

06 Corvette 92 Talon 04 Civic 96 Chebby

I'll ride someones ass if they are in the passing lane on the interstate. Its there to pass not drive in.

^ I do the same. I will back off everywhere but the fast lane. I give them time to get over if not I will ride their ass until they get the point. With the bike I just pass Between the cars.
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric

the only time ill tailgate is if your already going more than 5 under and there is no way around
    "just like high school but our cars are faster now...except for me, I'm pretty sure the cavi would waste the yukon"

Was just saying how Im tired of my back bumper being "cruise control" for the oblivious drivers.

I agree with what everyone has said. When your on the interstate in the left passing lane, pass and GTFO as that is what it is there for! I know I'm not the only one and just with everything I've had going on in my life coupled with the events that took place yesterday... it was like icing on the cake.
    Naturally Aspired vs Forced Induction:
    This is easy, its like a handjob vs a blowjob.
    The handjob you can give yourself so its cheap and easy.
    The blowjob might cost you more, but the end result is much better.

IAF Team Member
    You guys must hate me. I tailgate anyone that is asking for it. Don't fly past me and the slow down below the speed limit or your going to be seeing my grill in your back seat.

I have serious road rage towards those idiots.